Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FRPP Dual Exhaust Price Quote

Old 01-17-2008, 03:56 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Default FRPP Dual Exhaust Price Quote

I know there is like twenty different question about these but I wanted to get an thumb up or thumb down (more than likely a thumbs down) on a price quote that I got.

For the FRPP Dual Exhaust with everything, a GT takeoff bumper (painting), labor, and tax it came out to be around $1600. This, as far asI know, is the Ford Dealership installing it.

The dealership is about one hour away from where I live, so it would be sort of a drive too.

If anyone can give me any suggestions on how I can buy it and take it somewhere to install for cheaper, that would be nice. Thanks for the help!
Old 01-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: FRPP Dual Exhaust Price Quote

uhhh no...v6mustangstuff.com or newtakeoff.com call them and check for a Gt bumper thats already in your color, no painting needed for those, they run $155+shipping..theres a write on up on here on how to isntall those yourself, no labor charges for that.

buy the FRPP exhaust online and take it to any muffler shop, let them look at it and give you a price for install(all the shops by me wont give a quote until they get to see it themself so they know what they are or are not getting into), i highly doubt it would mroe than like $150, but i dont know for sure
Old 01-17-2008, 04:14 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

+1 on the bumper.

I was quoted $150 for installation on my FRPP kit, but I had to call a half dozen other places before I got that cheap. Ranges were from $150 - 200 ($275 from the dealer)

If you can't get a GT rear bumper in your color like me, I was quoted $200 bucks to have it painted (+155 plus shipping from new take off) so roughly $400 bucks after tax etc, plus $650 for the FRPP exhaust and ... bleh let me outline it for you.

FRPP Exhaust: $650 (shipping & tax included)
GT Bumper: $200 (shipping & tax included)
Paint: $200
Exhaust Install $150
---------------------
$1200 bucks.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:59 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Thank you two.

I thought it was a little steep.

As far as the GT take off bumper, if ordered from V6Mustangstuff.comthey say "They may have minor scuff marks from removal, and slight buffing may be necessary." Is this just to cover their *** if they send out a faulty one, or is this usually true? I have a black V6 so I'm doubting it will be hard to find a bumper (inless they are sold out).

Thank you ODDYSEY for the rundown on prices. As I told you before, I know very little about cars, along with prices. Can you order the exhaust online from the FRPP website, or do you need to call and make the order? Or would it be worth the drive to actually pick them up, to uliminate shipping cost?

Thanks again!

Old 01-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

its mostly to cover their ***, i bought my bumper from them, my car is STILLLLLLLLLL at the body shop(been over a week[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]) but the guy said there was nothing worth even mentioning as far as problems.

they say the bumpers come off cars with only 10-20 miles, so really if there are any problems its only going to be from someone acidently hitting on the ground after they take it off, either way the cost of buffing out a few blemishes is less than fully painting a bumper
Old 01-17-2008, 05:20 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Oh wow. I don't think I could go that long without the Mustang! Hang in there! :P

Are you getting the same exhaust system in yours?

Thanks for the information!
Old 01-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

no im not doing the FRPP, soon as i get the car back from the shop(better ****ing being tomorrow, i seriously am getting to the "pissed off" phase)im getting JBA shorty header, JBA H pipe/mid pipes with MRT aeroturbine's
Old 01-17-2008, 05:47 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I ordered my GT front bumper from newtakeoff.com and there wasn't so much as even a speck of dirt on it. It was perfect.

I ordered my rocker panels from them and they told me over the phone that he knew there was some scuffs/scratches, and gave me a reduced price, I got them in and there were very small ones near where the wheel well would be, not noticable unless you got down there.

You can't order the FRPP stuff from the website, you have to order it from an authorized dealer. If you live in a decent sized town, just call the Ford dealers around you and ask them if they can order Ford Racing Performance Parts, or search the fordracingparts.com website for a dealer to order from.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:48 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Then I will probably end up ordering from them.

As far as the FRPP stuff goes, I'll probably end up having to order from somewhere near Atlanta. Where I am, the closest one is there, and I might want to pack my camping gear because the girl is going to want to buy out the outlets. :P