Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:54 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Best mods for a daily driver?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 01:16 PM
powerband
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Best mods for a daily driver?

ORIGINAL: billybix76

ORIGINAL: powerband

Looking forward to more intelligent posts.
LOL, is that "more intelligent" or more, intelligent...
Good call. Both.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:51 PM
mpatilla
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pony_car

Yeah, I think I have the mod bug already, and I don't even have the car yet LOL... I think you're right: from the test drives I've taken, the stock V6 is more than fine. Swapping out the stock exhaust for a louder, nicer looking one may be all I need to do...
Yeah, it doesn't take long to get the mod bug around here.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:00 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: noober

Edit: With the 3 things I mentioned, you're looking at possibly 25RWHP which would bring you up to somewhere around 210RWHP on a dyno tune. I should note that it's a common misconception that changing gears increases horsepower: it doesn't. If I'm right, it only increases the torque. One last thing: If you're looking to mod a car, look at torque more than horsepower... Please!
Just gonna clarify this for everyone. Rear end gearsmultiply engine torquewhilesacrficing mpg(higher engine rpm's). The higher the gear ratio, the moretorque being put to the groundand the fastera carwill rev.Ex. 3.73's rev quicker than 3.31's. The other set backfor higher gears is a lower top speed. But I think, that no one will be going as fast as their car can go on a track or anywhere else(probably talking 140mph+).
Old 01-24-2008, 04:26 PM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

youre not gonna see a lower top speed from anything on our cars except maybe if you go to like 6.88 or something crazy, which they dont even make for our cars. 4.10's are limited to about 180 mph in a typical car so unless you plan on going faster than that, you'll be fine. but you will see a slight loss in mpg simply because the operationalrpms will jump up a few hundred rpms at speed. but nothing too significant.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:04 PM
apbt426
1st Gear Member

Wow torque_is_goodyou made some damn good sense! awesome response! anyhow Pony_Car.. i am in your same situation , my car is competely my Daily driver with no intentions to race, nor need much more HP,,, just to fight the Phoenix Traffic! here is as basic as i went.. maybe you can do similar

K&N Drop in Filter $40
Ford Racing Muffler $75 on Ebay (won a bid from someone that must not have realized it is worth $385!!)

than i just appearance mod'd mine to make it "mine"... roush louvers, pony package, 4.0 emblem, shorty antenna, and soon honeycomb tail panel...... keeping it simple but sound and look good is what i did.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:33 PM
noober
3rd Gear Member

I set out on a mission to make my car different from all the other V6 stock stock windveil blue mustangs.

First choice I saw was silver stripes. By far that was the first mod that said my car.. was mine.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:00 PM
Pony_car
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: apbt426

K&N Drop in Filter $40
Ford Racing Muffler $75 on Ebay (won a bid from someone that must not have realized it is worth $385!!)
Does the K&N drop-in replace the stock air filter, or do I have this wrong?
Old 01-24-2008, 06:08 PM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

yeah it replaces the stock filter. same airbox. its nice. good for a long time. i like mine. you just have to clean it like you would a conical filter on a cai.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Pony_car
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07lane40

yeah it replaces the stock filter. same airbox. its nice. good for a long time. i like mine. you just have to clean it like you would a conical filter on a cai.
Another newbie question: How does one clean the conical filter in a CAI? And how often? Thanks...
Old 01-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

i say every 20k at the most. really depends on the environment. if you live in a dusty city, you'll need to clean more often than normal. Although, LA smog can get nasty at times...[8D].

Quick Reply: Best mods for a daily driver?