Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Which one do I get?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 04:17 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Default RE: Which one do I get?

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

Blue(pending you don't drive in a lot ofheavy traffic):
1.Stick-(more rwhp than auto's and if you go f/i it will make a good difference in power Ex:400hp car: Manual-340rwhp Auto-320rwhp, and more fun to drive)
2.Blue doesn'tshow dirt aseasy asblack and stands out more than silver.
You sure about that rwhp? You would think since it is the transmission, that it would only deliver the same amount of hp to the wheels, just faster. And there is not that big of a difference between manual and auto.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

I personally like the blue one
-it's a stick
-dark interior, the tan interior gets dirty quick[&:]
the silver would be my second choice but there's only one pic
Old 01-29-2008, 04:33 PM
tdaddy
2nd Gear Member

Let me break it down for you:

Blue
$13k
40k miles
Black
$14k
47k miles
Silver
$12k
30k miles

Misc. notes

~be aware that black and blue come from stealerships and silver is private. two different beasts

Blue: the ugliest one imo, the only thing going for it is a stick... well not really since an auto tranny is a 1k option. 3rd place

Black: prettiest imo, but also most expensive with the most on the odo. I have the same interior and it is a bitch to keep clean. 2nd place

Silver: solid colors inside and out. Least miles and cheapest. Can replace interior easily w/ takeoff leather. Already has dual exhaust. If i was buying this though i would be careful though... may not be as good as it sounds. 1st place
Old 01-29-2008, 04:35 PM
YellowFlame
2nd Gear Member

I agree with the silver because it's the better buy, for sure.

I agree that Sonic Blue is an awesome color, it's less common, and I'm a fan of not joining the herd. (there fore no red or black for me.)

I disagree about the blue not showing dirt - Sonic blue is stunning, but only when it's clean and shiny. When dirty it's just another dirty blue car.
(We had an 02 Sonic Blue SVT Focus, traded it for the Pony.)
Old 01-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

Blue(pending you don't drive in a lot ofheavy traffic):
1.Stick-(more rwhp than auto's and if you go f/i it will make a good difference in power Ex:400hp car: Manual-340rwhp Auto-320rwhp, and more fun to drive)
2.Blue doesn'tshow dirt aseasy asblack and stands out more than silver.
You sure about that rwhp? You would think since it is the transmission, that it would only deliver the same amount of hp to the wheels, just faster. And there is not that big of a difference between manual and auto.
The rwhp #'s are right with perfect conditions for each. It's dyno proven, but the rwhp difference doesn't become that noticable until 400bhp+.Manual's have more1/4 potential w/powershifting/really quick shifting than manuals, butauto's with a tune and increased shiftpressure with similar hp could probably easily take the average manual driver on the roadfrom a lightorstrip. I was just mentioning that b/c bigger dyno #'s look better and manual's are fun (I wish Igot one ).
Old 01-29-2008, 05:22 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

Silver because of the miles and price. But you need to make sure everything checks out okay on it (Carfax all of them for sure)

Not a fan of the blue one at all. I like rocker stripes, but that one sucks.

The black one is a head turner for sure, although the mileage is fairly high.

I bought mine for $12k with 45k miles from a stealership, and haven't had a single problem in 4k miles. You might be able to negotiate on the silver one to an even lower price. If you can't get the other two at least $1-$2K cheaper than listed price, I think you're paying too much.

As for the auto transmission, I actually love mine with it. My brother drives a stick 99 Mustang, and he says that he'd rather have my car with its Auto than his for two reasons. First, daily driving. Secondly, these transmissions pull and just keep on pulling, there is no let up out of them. I am really sick right now, and today was not a day that I would've wanted to be driving a manual tranny 25 minutes to and from school, so I was thankful. However, I have those days where I'd love to be able to row through the gears on my own...
Old 01-29-2008, 06:40 PM
oi8achevy
2nd Gear Member

im partial to the legend lime, but if i have to choose id take the blue. the dark interior is easier to maintain and i like the wheels. my only concern is why did it need the clutch changed already, abuse? or inexperienced driver?
Old 01-29-2008, 07:02 PM
mhconley
2nd Gear Member

Looks like the black one is a Premium, it's got the Shaker 500 sound system. The blue one doesn't and the silver is listed as having a CD player, not a multi disc which the Shaker is.

I think it all comes down to do you want an auto? Do you really like the blue? Personally, I'd go with the black one...

Martin
Old 01-29-2008, 07:58 PM
apbt426
1st Gear Member

I would never get an Automatic so i would be forced to get the sonic blue if those were my only 3 choices. if thats what it came down to, i'd be satisfied, i think the blue looks great with the white stripes anyhow.... but stick shift would be the main deciding factor for me.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:40 PM
jakecat22
2nd Gear Member

keep looking till you find a legend lime, LOL! Kidding, if it were me, I would really look at the silver one hard, but have it THOUROUGHLY checked out since it is from a private seller. If it checks out, I would take that one.