Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anybody have experience with Jetchips?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 02:54 AM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Default Anybody have experience with Jetchips?

Anybody have any experience with Jetchips? My buddy installed on of those on his Magnum and he says he's seen some improvements but, most times he just talks outta his *** LOL.... I'd like some feedback. I know NOTHING about tuners and stuff like that so any feedback would help.

Heres a link to their site: http://www.jetchip.com/products.asp?pid=21695
Old 02-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Anybody have experience with Jetchips?

i would guess that at best, they produce equal performance to a canned tune from sct or diablo.....maybe just sct. diablo canned tunes aren't bad at all. either way, i would only ponder getting a chip if no programmers were made for my vehicle. since we own stangs, that isnt the case. you're MUCH better off getting a programmer that way you can load custom tunes if you desire.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:16 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

How do tuners/programmers work exactly? I see people on heretalkin about 1st and 2nd tunes and stuff like that. I need to be schooled on the subject LOL
Old 02-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

i'm sure you seen pics of the gadgets. if not, here you go:

you simply plug the programmer into the OBD II Diagnostic Port (underneath your headlight dial, left side of steering wheel) and that should power up the tuner. you simply follow the onscreen instructions on the programmer and you should be up and running in about 5 minutes. the step by step is as easy as playing with an iPod (maybe easier). uploading custom tunes is a totally other process that involves your PC computer but fairly easy as well.

OH YEAH, one more thing: you have a choice of which tune to install (example: 87 Performance, 89 performance, 91 performance, 93 performance). The choices will vary depending on which programmer you purchase but basically, its best to have the appropriate fuel already in your tank (if installing a 91 Perf tune, make sure you fill up with 91 octane before loading the tune). Good luck dude.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:34 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

Like sancho said, the tuners/programmers plug into the OBD-II port under the driver's side. They load a tune that alters parameters in your car's computer (called the PCM). These parameters include things such as timing, fuel adjustments for optimum air to fuel ratio, transmission shift pressure (in automatics), and lots of others. The programmers usually come with a tune, but you can by custom tunes that give you better performance from places such as VMP, b@m@chips.com (replace @ with a), brenspeed, etc. Basically you are fine tuning those parameters for optimum performance. Usually people get a cold air intake and a tune made specifically for that intake in a package deal from one of the aforementioned places. This is probably the best "bang for your buck."
Old 02-07-2008, 04:08 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Ok I think I got it then, thanks guys! Pretty simple it seems....After lowering it, I think THAT will most Def be the next mod. I already have the Intake so I'm set. Thanks again!
Old 02-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

no prob dude. good luck.