Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Terrible, crooked, Dual Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Tubra
2nd Gear Member

Default Terrible, crooked, Dual Install

I've seen a lot of V6's go dual here on the forums. I took mine to get duals installed at this local shop, and when I went to pick it up, the right side muffler was so high upit MELTED part of the bumper. The bumper was literally wrapped around the muffler, and the left side was all crooked and to the left. I couldn't believe my eyes. I paid them $200 to weld and h-pipe and install everything. I am so unbelievable angry, my setup looks like absolute garbage. To top it off, the right side muffler sticks out more than the other, and there is RATTLING @ 1500 RPMs from the over axle pipe TOUCHING THE FRAME.

I don't have any pics... too pissed. Will post though.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:01 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Default RE: Terrible, crooked, Dual Install

I would recommend taking it back to the place you had install it and either getting your money back or make them fix it.

I installed mine myself and didn't turn out that bad.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:04 AM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

Did you notice any of these problems before you paid the bill? If not take it back and give them a chance to make things right. I was very happy with my dual conversion when I picked it up at the shop. Now when I am sitting in traffic with the car in drive and my foot on the brake pedal I hear a rattle in the exhaust system. When I get the time I will take it back to the shop and ask if they can fix the problem.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:48 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Go back to the shop and go right to the manager.

ORIGINAL: Tubra

I've seen a lot of V6's go dual here on the forums. I took mine to get duals installed at this local shop, and when I went to pick it up, the right side muffler was so high upit MELTED part of the bumper. The bumper was literally wrapped around the muffler, and the left side was all crooked and to the left. I couldn't believe my eyes. I paid them $200 to weld and h-pipe and install everything. I am so unbelievable angry, my setup looks like absolute garbage. To top it off, the right side muffler sticks out more than the other, and there is RATTLING @ 1500 RPMs from the over axle pipe TOUCHING THE FRAME.

I don't have any pics... too pissed. Will post though.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:04 AM
dmc2904

just curious, but why would you even pay when you went to pick it up? You should have noticed it then right? Either way, get that fixed bro!
Old 02-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Tubra
2nd Gear Member

<------- Fail.

It was a 50MPH gust dust storm. The shop is in a dirt lot. I couldn't see anything until I got home.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Tubra
2nd Gear Member

The only reason it looks ok is due to the fact I spent 4 hours twisting and monkeying w/ the mufflers until they looked somewhat ok. The right one still sticks out more, and the left is twisted wrong.

I had to feed the "prong" attached to the right muffler UNDER the normal install hole to get it to not touch the bumper, that's how crooked the pipes are.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:04 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

seriously bro, take it back to them demand your money or get it fixed right. Id be pissed about that too!
Old 02-05-2008, 12:09 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Why are you even touching it? Just take it back. The more you try to "fix" it.. the less of a chance you have of it actually getting fixed.

ORIGINAL: Tubra

The only reason it looks ok is due to the fact I spent 4 hours twisting and monkeying w/ the mufflers until they looked somewhat ok. The right one still sticks out more, and the left is twisted wrong.

I had to feed the "prong" attached to the right muffler UNDER the normal install hole to get it to not touch the bumper, that's how crooked the pipes are.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DylanFan

Now when I am sitting in traffic with the car in drive and my foot on the brake pedal I hear a rattle in the exhaust system.
Check the back "post"that's welded to the muffler on the drivers side. It tends to stick thru the rubber hanger pretty far and can tap against the metal frame right behind it. It can be cut or a pad placed in there pretty easy to fix. Also understand if you just want to let the installer fix it, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Quick Reply: Terrible, crooked, Dual Install