Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 05:05 PM
laith
1st Gear Member

Default supercharger

I found this supercharger on craigslist and its a brand new one but missing a few L shaped parts for the intake and he doesnt have his receipt and so the warranty is probably voided but hes selling it for 2500. This is what the post says. Any feedback?

my boss bought this kit for a o5 mustang v6 and he sold the car and gave me this kit to sell ...its a vortech for 05-06 mustang v6 vq(very quiet) s.train h.o. kit w/injectors,water to air intercooler never instaled he justed looked at it a few times.paid twise what im asking.please call without questions,what i know is what i wrote.thank you. (makes stock hp of 220 add kit makes 378 hp)

i already know the horsepower isnt correct at all but ya...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pts/555916032.html
Old 02-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: supercharger

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO never buy a used kit!!!! Exspecially since it is missing parts!!! Unless you know the person or is on this forum. Don't do it!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

He's selling it for his boss. Just a pointer, if you find out what's missing(names of parts)laith it will probably sell pretty quick, because if it still has the warranty, you can get them free from vortech saying that they broke.

mamba-What's happening with that heat exchanger thing for thevortechyou were talking about last week? Anything going on with that?
Old 02-04-2008, 07:48 PM
laith
1st Gear Member

ya its not a used kit though and its dirt cheap! ya im about to call the guy up and see whatsup
Old 02-04-2008, 08:03 PM
laith
1st Gear Member

i just called actually and his boss actually has that L shaped part the only thing missing is the intake so what do you guys think??
Old 02-05-2008, 12:21 AM
laith
1st Gear Member

bump
Old 02-05-2008, 06:08 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

I'd ask them if they have the part/s and get them even if they're broken. If they're not broken, get the warranty info and say that your mechanic was going to install the vortech but those parts were broken and he threw them out. See if they could ship you those parts then, if it's going to cost you some money b/c they needed the parts, find out how much it would cost and value it next to a new kit. Sounds like a great deal if you can get the missing parts. Good Luck on getting blown !
Old 02-05-2008, 09:35 AM
laith
1st Gear Member

haha thanks! apparently the warrant has never been filled out or anything can i still fill it out and send it in when i buy it or do i need the original receipt for that?? and i was also wondering it comes with a predator tuner but im guessing it wont work for my car cuz its already probably coded to his old stang correct?
Old 02-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Go buy it(if you are)with someone that knows superchargers. Make sure there aren't any other parts missing. I'd check it out first. The no receipt, missing parts thing does sound very fishy. And don't listen to me on the calling vortechand lying.Tell them the situation and ask them what to do. And ask theseller why the parts are missing in thefirst place? Good Luck!
Old 02-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

He's selling it for his boss. Just a pointer, if you find out what's missing(names of parts)laith it will probably sell pretty quick, because if it still has the warranty, you can get them free from vortech saying that they broke.

mamba-What's happening with that heat exchanger thing for thevortechyou were talking about last week? Anything going on with that?
Yeah I got a brand spankin new one that is aluminum and about 3x the size of the other one!!!! It looks and works awesome. And I think that I found the problem of were my power was. They never purget the air out of my cooler system so I was basically heating the air going into my engine rather than cooling it down!!!! So that could have very well been it!!!!

Quick Reply: supercharger