Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Terrible, crooked, Dual Install

Old 02-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Tubra
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Terrible, crooked, Dual Install

The only reason I monkied w/ it was to get the right side muffler from melting the bumper even more.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:19 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

i cant believe i keep reading all these exhaust install problems. mine was installed at midas and they didnt even screw it up
Old 02-05-2008, 01:33 PM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

Yup, take it back. I had to take mine back cause the "H" was dripping condensation.
Any good shop will make it right for you.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Tubra
2nd Gear Member

They're going to fix it. Tommorow. I snapped a pic w/ my cell and the guy got all pissyatme.

(A Dateline NBC Exclusive...)
Old 02-05-2008, 03:55 PM
noober
3rd Gear Member

Ok even I can tell that it's off. Yeah they have to fix it. Try and keep your mits off it the best you can and let them undo the damage.

I think a new GT/CS bumper might be in order for you. ^_^

Also, I'm absolutely in love with my duals, and contrary to everyone here, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the fact that they stick out further than the bumper. I had the local muffler guy do it for $130 on a friend's recommendation. Works like a charm. Professional welding, clean install (I was able to get directly underneath the car and join them.. it was cool) and NICE job cutting the bumper. I love the sound now.

And I helped them with their internet while I waited. ^_^

God speed getting it fixed right man. Looks horrible...
Old 02-05-2008, 07:51 PM
oi8achevy
2nd Gear Member

another reason i do all my own work. they should offer you some refund for having to go back and deal with their incompetence. if its a chain style garage theyll have a phone number you can call to file a complaint. we in the buisness call it the 1-800-getitfree hotline.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:57 PM
kdrshocker
2nd Gear Member

i have to find a shop near tampa to get mine fixed - i installed mine myself and my drivers side muffler is hanging down quite a bit. i was quoted 150 just for them to FIX my exhaust... grrr
Old 02-06-2008, 11:30 PM
Tubra
2nd Gear Member

I got it back, the pipes are almost straight...

The left side won't tilt correctly... =-(
Old 02-06-2008, 11:34 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

the left side looks too close to the bumper, it will melt after a little while
Old 02-07-2008, 06:41 AM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

i had a midas do mine and the passenger side is hanging lower alittle, i took it back and he was like, well its the kit you bought its not good(JBA H and mid pipes)and said he had to bend the diver side of the H just a tad to get that side to even fit in the cutout. so i was like..."uhh if you were able to bend that side just enough to make it fit then why couldnt you bend the other side a bit so that it looks even from the rear, or maybe you bent the drvier side to much" then his only response was "it just wouldnt work". which i know is bull****. so when i get my headers on im taking it to a shop i know is good and should have went to in the first place and having them fix it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Terrible, crooked, Dual Install

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.