Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dual AeroTurbines vs. FRPP GTAs

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Dual AeroTurbines vs. FRPP GTAs

Now I just need to figure out where to get them from.

Here you go, I think it's about a cheap as you can find them:

http://www.ninosport.com/Ford-Racing...mp;category=72
Old 02-09-2008, 12:26 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Buckman

Thanks. Would it be cheaper if I just got the entire FRPP V6 performance package that includes everything I need? That's a good price for just the mufflers, but I know I'd still need to get an X pipe and the clamps and bumper cover guards and all.

I see they also have an X pipe for the GT for $155. Would it work on the V6, and would that be the way to go? Just get the GTAs there and that X? Seems like a decent deal to me. I'd still need the mid-pipes though and thebumper guards.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:05 PM
kirax105strike
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VictoriaRR

Thanks. Would it be cheaper if I just got the entire FRPP V6 performance package that includes everything I need? That's a good price for just the mufflers, but I know I'd still need to get an X pipe and the clamps and bumper cover guards and all.

I see they also have an X pipe for the GT for $155. Would it work on the V6, and would that be the way to go? Just get the GTAs there and that X? Seems like a decent deal to me. I'd still need the mid-pipes though and thebumper guards.
personally i'd go with the package.
its affordable and reliable.
cant wait to hear the new setup.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

Personally if it were my car, I would probably shop around and aquire the parts separately. FRPP tends to overprice, although the benefit would be everything you need is included. So in a nutshell, it will boil down to how much shopping around you want to do. Takeoff bumpers are fairly inexpensive and can usually be found in the colors you are looking for (probably find forunder $200),midpipe runs about $65, hangers for 35/per.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:18 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Funny story just happened yesterday. I was trying to get over in a lane of traffic and no one would let me over, so when I had a chance I floored it and 3 people in the car next to me all turned their heads like someone was going to run over them. My exhaust sounded nice, crisp and loud... enough to make people turn heads, but while just cruising it sounds nice and mellow.

I am positive you will love the GTA's... best sounding dual exhaust for the 6's ive heard so far.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

Keep in mind that soundwise a X-pipe will be more raspy and a H-pipe will have more of a deeper tone.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:40 PM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

What about Flowmasters american thunder? Do they sound better then them.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:47 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: Black GT

Keep in mind that soundwise a X-pipe will be more raspy and a H-pipe will have more of a deeper tone.
On a 4.0L V6 there is a very small difference in tone between the X & H, only on the V8 is there is a larger sound difference between the two.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:19 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

On a 4.0L V6 there is a very small difference in tone between the X & H, only on the V8 is there is a larger sound difference between the two.
I went in for an estimate several months ago at a local exhaust shop and they told me that they could supply Pypes Street Pros and make a custom X pipe for $600 (including labor). The guy there told me that an X pipe is the way to go with duals because it enables a car with a V6 engine to have more backpressure. He said putting an H would cause it to be sluggish when I floored it or tried to get on the highway quickly. I'm not sure how true that is, but it makes a bit of sense to me.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

I went in for an estimate several months ago at a local exhaust shop and they told me that they could supply Pypes Street Pros and make a custom X pipe for $600 (including labor). The guy there told me that an X pipe is the way to go with duals because it enables a car with a V6 engine to have more backpressure. He said putting an H would cause it to be sluggish when I floored it or tried to get on the highway quickly. I'm not sure how true that is, but it makes a bit of sense to me.
i didnt notice any negative effects after my H pipe was installed so if what he said was true its not even noticeable, infact the very first time i drove it after the exhaust i felt like it pulled even harder than before in higher rpm.

but yea i just bought my GTAs from ninosport a few min ago, they have free shipping on them but hopefully they arrive before the end of the week, so i can maybe get them on saturday

Quick Reply: Dual AeroTurbines vs. FRPP GTAs