Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dual AeroTurbines vs. FRPP GTAs

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 01:51 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Default Dual AeroTurbines vs. FRPP GTAs

Hey, folks. I'm looking to finally take the plunge into dual exhaust once my tax rebate arrives. I've been trying to figure out for months which setup to go with, and I've now narrowed it down to two different systems. Since I already have an MRT AeroTurbine, I thought about getting another and ordering an X-pipe separately or having a shop make me a custom one. However, I'm really digging the FRPP GTAs that some of you have been installing on your cars lately. I like the deepness to the sound... it's very muscly. So I've been thinking about getting the nice new FRPP V6 performance package. While the AeroTurbine is nice, it isn't the most muscle-sounding exhaust you can get.It's loud and drones like crazy, which has a bit of novelty to it, but I'm a bit unsure about putting another one of those on. So basically what I'm wondering is if someone might be able to tell me how loud the GTAs are compared to a single (or dual) AeroTurbine. I do like having some good volume. I wouldn't mind if the GTAs are a bit quieter that the AeroTurbine, even dualed up. In fact I might prefer that. But I don't want something that's going to be only slightly louder than stock. I've not heard GTAs in person, so I'm hoping one of you fine folks might have some insight on this matter.

All the best,

Victoria
Old 02-09-2008, 03:10 AM
nicporter40
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Dual AeroTurbines vs. FRPP GTAs

same here!!! i cant decide either between those dual setup and even a flowmaster 44 setup... cant decide but i think we'll be happy with any of those setups... hehe
Old 02-09-2008, 03:53 AM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

GTA's do get a bit louder once you get some miles on them. Plus at WOT they make some noise.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:55 AM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

The thing I like about the GTA's are 1) no drone and 2) the tips.

They also flow pretty well and over time the exhaust note does deepen a bit.

I have a clip of them on my website, but keep in mind the setup I was running back then...turbo, no cats, shorty headers.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

I vote for GPA's, sound best imo.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:49 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

My first impression of the FRPP xpipe and GTAs after I put them on was that they were quiet.. just louder than a stock GT.

That's not the case. While they are not obnoxious, you can definitely hear them... and in a good way. I was finally able to drive around the other day with the windows down and I was pleasantly surprised by how much "personality" this set-up had. I was under a bridge and had to go just over half throttle.. and I actually looked around to see who was making that beautiful noise

The thing about this set-up is that it is quiet from inside the car. You know they are there, but they keep cabin noise to a very nice level...and there is absolutely no drone on the highway. After having the single MAC on for a year (with a resonator it still droned enough to be annoying) the GTAs are heaven.

Sounding like a GT was not my goal, but I have to say.. I have had a lot of people ask me if the car was a GT... and it was GT owners asking me that. Ford did a great job with this package.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

i actually plan to order GTA's(they are M-5230-GTA right? cheapest i found was $279 from ninosport) this week or next week to swap out the MRTs and see which i like better, since you have a single mrt already you kinda know what that will sound like already, maybe try something different?

one of the best you tube videos to watch for GTA's is the one where the guy has a camera attached to his rear bumper while driving around, if you havent seen that one look it up, sounds nice and gives a better perspective than the only idle videos
Old 02-09-2008, 10:55 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

GTAs
Old 02-09-2008, 11:16 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Thanks, guys. I'm going with the GTAs. I've had my time to be obnoxious with the MRT, now it's time to grow up and be mature with the GTAs. Plus, I'm moving to California later this year. I don't want theAeroTurbines to get me into trouble. I can figure that after shipping, another AeroTurbine will set me back $275, and then getting an X pipe and having it all installed will probably run about $350 if I estimate correctly. So I'll just go with what I'd be happiest with and get the V6 performance package from FRPP. Thanks, guys. Thanks a lot... I like being sure with my decisions.

Now I just need to figure out where to get them from.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:27 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Good choice. I heard both dual GTAs and dual MRT's and would go GTA's. The dual MRT's had a blat at top end when you combine two of them, and insane drone. I like them in single configuration. Is all subjective and mainly what you like, but I vote for GTA's ftw.

Quick Reply: Dual AeroTurbines vs. FRPP GTAs