Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pony vs. Pony

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Pony vs. Pony

I have to admit to having a mental map of every decent tunnel within about 10mi of my home. Corsas and an X-Charger enjoy performing in tunnels
Old 02-12-2008, 08:26 PM
emconn
1st Gear Member

Dont wanna spoil the party but there is no way u can call the stock exhaust ricey. I have an 07 now but had a 05 and put a single flowmaster 40 series on it and that thing sounded like a$$. Though it did get lots of attenttion. It was so ricey sounding i couldnt stand it, it annoyed me beyond belief. I had to drive around with the stereo all the wayup to drown out the sound of the exhaust. One of the best things about trading in for the 07 was having the stock exhaust back.I havent heard a single exhaust clip that hasnt sounded horribly ricey and until I do i prefer to leave the stock on and keep it quiet. Though I do know that the exhausts in clips sound better in person, but u do get a good idea of what it will sound like.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:27 PM
SeanoStang
4th Gear Member

party spoiler
Old 02-12-2008, 08:38 PM
emconn
1st Gear Member

Ha Ha! sorry! I will admitt the exhaust did come in handy to throw revs at the girls to get there attention. Im not goin to hate. I believe people should do what ever they want to there cars since its all about what u like in the end, and not worry about people talkin down or questioning there taste.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:48 PM
powerband
2nd Gear Member

I put the Borla single (same as Ford Racing) on my V6 the day after I got my car and it was like buying a new car two days in a row. The Borla sounds much nicer than the stock. I'm not sure how anyone can claim that an exhaust of any kind - aftermarket or stock - can sound rice when it's on the tail end of a V6. The word "rice" has become such a buzzword that it's used loosely to describe even an American V6. Makes no sense to me.

To me, a "rice" exhaust is a fart can plugged up the *** of a small displacement 4-banger that goes no faster than your great grandfather's horse and buggy. "Rice" is painted flames on the fenders of a 1984 Plymouth Horizon. "Rice" is 19-inch chromes on a 1989 Acura Integra, with an "R" emblem stuck off-centered on the trunk next to a sticker that says "TRD." "Rice" is what you eat your sushi with, along with a dab of wasabi and a bottle of Asahi.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Charlie321
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: emconn

Dont wanna spoil the party but there is no way u can call the stock exhaust ricey.
Don't wanna spoil your party either, but you should read more closely.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Charlie321
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

Kuddos for not racing, especially with your son in there.
I appreciate the compliment, but really this is like complimenting someone for not being mentally retarded.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:17 PM
powerband
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Charlie321

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

Kuddos for not racing, especially with your son in there.
I appreciate the compliment, but really this is like complimenting someone for not being mentally retarded.
Kuddos for not being a retard.
From what I see people do on the roads these days, it's not easy to be a non-retard.
Again, good job to those of us for not being retards.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:18 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: powerband

I put the Borla single (same as Ford Racing) on my V6 the day after I got my car and it was like buying a new car two days in a row. The Borla sounds much nicer than the stock. I'm not sure how anyone can claim that an exhaust of any kind - aftermarket or stock - can sound rice when it's on the tail end of a V6. The word "rice" has become such a buzzword that it's used loosely to describe even an American V6. Makes no sense to me.

To me, a "rice" exhaust is a fart can plugged up the *** of a small displacement 4-banger that goes no faster than your great grandfather's horse and buggy. "Rice" is painted flames on the fenders of a 1984 Plymouth Horizon. "Rice" is 19-inch chromes on a 1989 Acura Integra, with an "R" emblem stuck off-centered on the trunk next to a sticker that says "TRD." "Rice" is what you eat your sushi with, along with a dab of wasabi and a bottle of Asahi.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:31 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: powerband

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Quick Reply: Pony vs. Pony