Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 09:26 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default What would you do?

I am checking out my budget and realizing that I probably won't be able to go f/i and get all the supporting mods I need for fun and necessity(8.8" takeoff rear end w/t-lok, wider stickytires/lightweight wheels(I have the stock 16's that suck even with good tires), drag launch springs,livewires and coil pack, throttle body). I think the new tires and rims are a must(since I have 16's)w/f/i and the 8.8" takeoff I heardis a must for rear end longjevity.What would you do in my position: Get the supporting mods first or theblower first? Why?

Also, if I go the supporting mods first. I will probably be able to get heads and a cam(not sure about cam) before the blower. That isn't a bad increase in power at all for waiting a yr for ablower.Thus increasing my power output by a good number(50rwhp+guess w/just heads on blower)if I wait for f/i 1/2yr to a yr(noblower till next(yr) spring/summer). Thanks ahead for your opinions!

PS-If anyone knows how a SSM cam does/or is ok withf/i let me know. Also, if you know of anyone else that sells cams for our cars, let me know.

PSS-Are 4.10's ok for a turbo or should I go 3.73's/3.55's? Thanks again!

Old 02-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Stang_Heritage07
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What would you do?

just go blower and keep it low on the boost for a while and don't go crazy with it.
save your money and don't go into debt because of supporting mods.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:58 AM
ZerofluxCal
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

I am checking out my budget and realizing that I probably won't be able to go f/i and get all the supporting mods I need for fun and necessity(8.8" takeoff rear end w/t-lok, wider stickytires/lightweight wheels(I have the stock 16's that suck even with good tires), drag launch springs,livewires and coil pack, throttle body). I think the new tires and rims are a must(since I have 16's)w/f/i and the 8.8" takeoff I heardis a must for rear end longjevity.What would you do in my position: Get the supporting mods first or theblower first? Why?

Also, if I go the supporting mods first. I will probably be able to get heads and a cam(not sure about cam) before the blower. That isn't a bad increase in power at all for waiting a yr for ablower.Thus increasing my power output by a good number(50rwhp+guess w/just heads on blower)if I wait for f/i 1/2yr to a yr(noblower till next(yr) spring/summer). Thanks ahead for your opinions!

PS-If anyone knows how a SSM cam does/or is ok withf/i let me know. Also, if you know of anyone else that sells cams for our cars, let me know.

PSS-Are 4.10's ok for a turbo or should I go 3.73's/3.55's? Thanks again!

omg steel you drive me nuts.....are you EVER going to make up your mind?
Old 02-13-2008, 10:14 AM
BlkSunshine77
2nd Gear Member

omg steel you drive me nuts.....are you EVER going to make up your mind?
LOL
Old 02-13-2008, 10:19 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

It's a big decision. I can understand how he would want all the facts first. If it were me, I would get supporting mods first. Get your car done, before you do anything with F/I.

I guarentee if you get FI first, you will just end up breaking something because of that 1 time you had to put the hammer down.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:59 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Go F/I. You don't need new brakes, you don't need a different rear, you don't need engine internals work, you don't need dual exhaust. You just need to keep the boost at a reasonable level like less than 10 psi, and don't go berserk. NOTHING makes your car as much fun as F/I, so get it done ASAP. If you don't have enough money for F/I now, put the money in the bank and save a bit longer, then get F/I. If you spend it all on supporting mods you are just that much farther away from F/I.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:27 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Jesus Christ. Just get one of those majic eightballs...
Old 02-13-2008, 12:12 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

^haha ya I'd go f/i first too and save for the supporting mods. I'm curious what happend to the getting-rid-of-the-stang-for-a-Lincoln-town-car-or-the-like idea...
Old 02-13-2008, 12:19 PM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

Steel, do you have a pic of your car? Just to know what to look out for next time I'm in Massapequa..
Old 02-13-2008, 12:21 PM
ZerofluxCal
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: basketballord

^haha ya I'd go f/i first too and save for the supporting mods. I'm curious what happend to the getting-rid-of-the-stang-for-a-Lincoln-town-car-or-the-like idea...
I am curious to know what happened to his other 500000000000000000 ideas