Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2005 Yellow Mustang *Point me in the right direction*

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 11:39 AM
ScreamingYellow2005
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 2005 Yellow Mustang *Point me in the right direction*

HAHA I like his style i love yellow lol
I got 18" on mine and didn't have to do anything but switch them out
and the stripes i got are ok i got them for free so idc lol i just wished they were wider but same style
and exhaust idk i'm still single on that so far....
keep us posted on everything you do to her!
Old 02-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Mr. L
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SilentKyleFL

Mr. L,

Any idea on where to get those smoked out turn signals? I'm of the same mind you are sir. Yellow & Orange don't make nice.

*ALSO* About the CAI and tune, I'm good with that, but a tune voids the warranty if found, doesn't it? And I know that they can be reflashed back to the original tune, BUT, what happens if something unexpected comes up and you have to get towed back to the dealership?

I'd love the better HP and MPG, but I'd be scared that I'd get caught and voided.

And I'm not quite sure my low self-esteem can take a void-ing

But seriously, that is a worry of mine, is it unfounded?
I bought my clear turns from ebay for $30

I've heard some members has had some problems purchasing from ebay - the quality was kinda bad, complaints of water leakage or the part didn't fit - but I havn't had any problems at all, so ebay is a hit or miss.

Here's how they look like: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...spagenameZWDVW

But if you don't want to take any chances purchasing on ebay, you can always purchase them from a reliable site - it's a little more expensive, but at least you'll know that you'll get quality and a piece of mind.

You can find them here also: http://www.blueovalindustries.com/pr...?catID=9902314

As far as tuning and voiding your warranty - this is a must read: https://mustangforums.com/m_1189936/tm.htm

Also, I forgot to mention, if you do decide to go tints - make sure you read TacoBills MoleSkin Install: https://mustangforums.com/m_3059554/tm.htm

I wish I knew about the moleskin, now I have to go back and re-tint my driver and passenger side windows...[:@]
Old 02-14-2008, 11:49 AM
ScreamingYellow2005
2nd Gear Member

They also got black turn signals too
Old 02-14-2008, 11:50 AM
Mr. L
1st Gear Member

^^ohh yeah - the blacks are nice too...
Old 02-14-2008, 11:53 AM
SilentKyleFL

Mr. L (and all),

Thanks for all the help and trust me every bit of it so far is going under consideration (and of course I'll keep you all updated, not that I plan on doing all at once) but please keep them coming.

Also, Mr. L, did you install those turn signals yourself, and is it something a mechanial noob handle?

*ALSO* I wish the previous owner had known of TacoBill's moleskin/tint project, the driver and passenger side windows have the scuffs on them. I'll certainly be replacing the tint, and getting the moleskin done, later down the road. Thanks for the tip though.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Mr. L
1st Gear Member

Mr. L (and all),

Thanks for all the help and trust me every bit of it so far is going under consideration (and of course I'll keep you all updated, not that I plan on doing all at once) but please keep them coming.

Also, Mr. L, did you install those turn signals yourself, and is it something a mechanial noob handle?

*ALSO* I wish the previous owner had known of TacoBill's moleskin/tint project, the driver and passenger side windows have the scuffs on them. I'll certainly be replacing the tint, and getting the moleskin done, later down the road. Thanks for the tip though.
The turn signals is probably the easiest mod anyone can do. I've had 2 cars before my Stang and I havn't modded either one - this is the first car that I've modded, and the clear turns were the very first mods I did on my own - it took me about 15-20 min. each side.

Here's a guide that helped me out: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...=brake+install
Old 02-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Mr. L
1st Gear Member

Oh, one more suggestion - shorty antenna's ftw!
Old 02-14-2008, 12:35 PM
SilentKyleFL

Shorty Atenna?

LOL, how much shorter is it, and is it a big difference?
Old 02-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

Hi again I will get a better pic of my Stang and post it here tonight after the Union meeting. I have looked high and low for wheels and found only 1 place that sells wheels that are 16" that I would put on my SYellow Stang but they are like $500.00 each OUCH!!
http://www.specialtywheelsltd.org/ford-wheels.html
Magnum wheels are old school and I would love to put them on my car. Black billets are only to be found in 17" > I will more the likey go with them. I WISH Crager made a 16" Keystone but they do NOT so for me it looks like 17" for summer and 16" for winter. This is a wounderful site and I am happy to have found it. I too love looking at everyones cars and the mods they have done to them. I have a Mac muffler and would not use anything other then Flowmasters after a lot of looking so when I was going to put it on with my friend at his garage I passed by a Muffler house frist thing in the AM that day so I pulled in and asked how much to put it on and it was only $20.00 so I said do it. But it went on so easy that I can say It is one of the easy mods you will do under your car. If you stor your old muffler wad up 2 big ***** of aluminum foil and stuff them into each end of the old muffler so you have no gaps. So no mice get in and builds a nest and no bugs fill it with there crap. If you need it or give it away or lucky to sell it to some one it will be in good usable shape free of crap inside of it. I like your car, Yellow you can not get it anymore. GOOD LOOKING CAR
Old 02-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Mr. L
1st Gear Member

Shorty Atenna?

LOL, how much shorter is it, and is it a big difference?
In case you havn't noticed that fencing-sword of an antenna that we have... like some S197 owners, including myself, we replaced it with a shorter antenna - they come in different sizes - some get the 14 inch, which is in level with the roof - but I opted for the 8 inch, which is a much more smaller and modern look to me. It's a quick and cheap 20 buck mod that you can do yourself.

Also, some get the antenna delete - but the kits for the deletes don't look natural to me.

Quick Reply: 2005 Yellow Mustang *Point me in the right direction*