MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   More mods... feedback (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/409936-more-mods-feedback.html)

ODDYSEY 02-22-2008 11:05 AM

More mods... feedback

Ok, I think I have figured out what I am going to get here next week. Let me know what you think and give me feedback on if you think I should change anything. If you think I should change something, please give me a reason why...

FRPP T-Lok
FRPP 3.73 gears
C&L CAI / Xcal3 - Brenspeed
GT rear bumper
FRPP springs

and possibly....
LCA's, sway bars

I have an 07 auto, so I am hoping for a big improvement in response, acceleration, and overall quickness in the car. What do you all think? See anything I should change?

Trmachuno 02-22-2008 11:27 AM

RE: More mods... feedback

I think your gonna have a lot faster and more fun car!:)

Just make sure with the 3 tunes your getting get a race tune! Improves throttle response so much!

Good luck with the mods!

ODDYSEY 02-22-2008 11:29 AM

I don't think Brenspeed has race/perf./mileage tunes I think they are just like 87, 89, 91, 93 tunes.. correct me if I am wrong, but that is the info I got from a friend.

Be Rad 13 02-22-2008 11:39 AM

That's very similar to what I'm having done to my '06 auto GT in the next couple of weeks -- should be sweet. What's the cost and benefit of the T-Lok and LCAs (what are they)? Are you installing the stuff by yourself, or have you been quoted a cost for installation?

Trmachuno 02-22-2008 11:43 AM

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

I don't think Brenspeed has race/perf./mileage tunes I think they are just like 87, 89, 91, 93 tunes.. correct me if I am wrong, but that is the info I got from a friend.
Not sure, I know bama has a bunch of different types though.

ODDYSEY 02-22-2008 11:43 AM

GT should have a T-Lok already. Traction locking differential, the 7.5 rear end on the V6's have an open differential. Basically the infamous 1 wheel burnout.

LCA's are lower control arms to help prevent wheel hop.

A mustang performance shop here in Houston is installing my T-Lok and 3.73's for $700 bucks parts, labor, tax. The springs, sway bars and LCA's I will do myself.

jrhykushi 02-22-2008 11:44 AM

hmm.. maybe you should think about the gt/cs bumper instead. i think its a lot nicer than the stock gt bumper.
it only takes few more weeks of saving, if anything :D:D

ODDYSEY 02-22-2008 11:49 AM

I went back and forth on the GT/CS bumper. Sometimes I see it and really like it, and sometimes I don't. So I went with the safe bet and got the standard GT bumper.

sopenco1 02-22-2008 12:23 PM

imho i really dont like how the gt bumper looks like but thats just me. I think it looks better with the stock v6 bumper cut. gives it more of a custom look. but hey man whatever rocks your boat

basketballord 02-22-2008 12:44 PM

odyssey, what made you decide on brenspeed's tunes?