Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

door dings

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 07:31 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

Default RE: door dings

Coming out of Mc Donalds one day I saw a old lady helping an even older
lady with a walker, in her car. Well they had their door open all the way up against a
black Mustang. It pissed me off !! I looked at them and then looked at
their door on the Mustang like WTF !!!!!!!! She knew exactly what I was going
to say and reached over and took her door off the Mustang. I don't know if it did
any damage.

Going in Home Depot....another old lady....!
A white CS Mustang, parked in the first parking spot. (mistake)
The old bag is trying to put a huge shop vac box in her back seat.
Yep..her door was wedged up against the Mustang.
My husband ran over to help the lady put the box in her car, while I held the
door.

Went to a video arcade this past weekend. I took the 2nd to last spot in the
lot out in BFE. It was next to a hill of snow. So I actually had 1 and a half spots.
We come out and first thing I look for is if anyone is parked next to me....
Yep ! Luckly they stayed in their own lane, far from me.
My husband is a goof ball. He looks at me and starts dramatically yelling
"Ohhhhhh Nooooooo!!!(all the way to the car) He bust's my ***** all the time.
Wait a minute....I don't have any.....
Old 02-27-2008, 07:42 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

I'm afraid if there was a car parked next to mine and I was sure they had done some damage, I would go postal on their car. I know it's not the thing to do, but sheeet happens. Just need to remember to wipe off all the foot prints because my size 15 4E may sign my death warrant.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:49 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

I'm afraid if there was a car parked next to mine and I was sure they had done some damage, I would go postal on their car. I know it's not the thing to do, but sheeet happens. Just need to remember to wipe off all the foot prints because my size 15 4E may sign my death warrant.

Wow size 15, you know what they say.....

Yeah, I'm bored
Old 02-27-2008, 08:59 AM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

I always try to hug a curb on one side, so at least one side does not get hit. But there are so many ******** out there that still manage to park close to me. After close inspection I haven't found them dinging it though.

Stone chips I can deal with, that happens when driving. But doordings should never happen. And people don't leave a note, since it happens to them too. Some people forget that it costs a lot of money to get one ding fixed. I just hope my parking ways will prevent me from ever getting one.

ORIGINAL: Supercruzin

I always park mine as far away from people as I can. However, Sat. I was pi$$ed beyond belief when I found one in the rear quarter. The car that parked next to me was already gone (Lucky Them!).Has anyone had paintless dent repair one on the rear quarter right over the quarter flair yet?
I had one right on the crease on the rear quarter panel. My wife aquired it from her mall-working days. Some truck most likely, since it hit high enough to ding it up there. They popped it right out, and you can't see a thing. Great work. Step one is: Did the paint get scratched? Or no? If not, there is a high likelyhood they can fix it without having to touch up / paint.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:14 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: theresa

Yeah, I'm bored

No, what do they say?
Old 02-27-2008, 10:15 AM
sopenco1
1st Gear Member

i just recently got a nasty dent underneath my quater window panel. Fortunately i got that pdr insurance when i bought the car. anyone out there with this insurance also? I havent called them yet so any info on how to process a claim would be helpful thanks
Old 02-27-2008, 11:27 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

what does pdr stand for?
Old 02-27-2008, 12:11 PM
theresa
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: theresa

Yeah, I'm bored

No, what do they say?

Big socks ???

[IMG]local://upfiles/68400/0B59DA4256C644C59DDFC1C79DCA8EF5.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-27-2008, 05:07 PM
Mustang_guy17
2nd Gear Member

I got my first ding like a week after i got my car. I parked out in the middle of nowhere at the mall. I come out and there is a bmw m3 parked 4inches away from me. I was like WTF? idk how they ever got out. well sure enough there was a ding in my car. Not a big one but noticeable from the side. anyways I didnt do anything about it.. idk why but next time it happens ill be sure to do something
Old 02-27-2008, 05:08 PM
jwilhelm
2nd Gear Member

Wow, I guess my sentiments are somewhat across the board with inconsiderate people and their inconsiderate actions with car doors. I'm not at all revengeful, but it grits the hell outta me when I see how inconsiderate someone has been. I love the above stories about the old farts getting in and outta their cars. Believe me, if you guys could see all the old people down here in Florida right now you'd s***. I can't believe what I see behind the steering wheel of most cars. It's the driving dead! Anyway, it's been a good rant. Take care you guys, and I guess it's off to the body shop for some minor ding repairs after I get the Stainless Works long tube headers and exhaust system on the car. Jack

Quick Reply: door dings