Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just ordered 05-07 Custom SCT X-Cal2 and VMP Intake Package

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 11:20 AM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

Default Just ordered 05-07 Custom SCT X-Cal2 and VMP Intake Package

Just ordered an 05-07 Mustang V6 Custom SCT X-Cal2 Flasher and VMP Intake package for $485.00from v6mustangstuff. What do you guys think? Anyone have that package? The package includes an SCT X-Cal2 with three VMP custom tunes AND VMP 05+ V6 Intake. Comments, opinions, etc. I never heard of VMP. Anyways i thought that was a good deal considering I needed a new intake, I need a tune, and when I had my 01 Jetta it cost $500 bucks just to tune the car! So $500 for everything sounds good to me!

Another question, I ordered a Pony Package Grille upper and lower, it comes with the whole shabang! Im going to have someone install it for me but if my car didnt have the fog lights before, are they going to have to drill into the inside of my car to make a switch to turn them on/off etc????? Thanks in advance!

Steven
Old 03-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Just ordered 05-07 Custom SCT X-Cal2 and VMP Intake Package

you will be one happy customer. very good deal, very respected product, great choice. as for the pp grill, i was assuming that it was a rather simple self install. i believe several here on the forums have installed it themselves with few obstacles. i could be wrong though.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

found this while i was searching parts and thought it might be of use to you regarding your post. scroll down to the second item (PP grill) and you should see the link i'm refering to:

http://www.partscheap.com/mustangaccessories05.htm
Old 03-03-2008, 04:41 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

Justin of VMP is always mentioned among the top custom tuners so you made a great choice, even if you didn't know it! You'd better do a quick tune up your smile cause its about to be stuck on your face like the Joker from Batman
Do a search on the PP foglight conversion, there are a few install options detailed in the forum threads.
here's one
https://mustangforums.com/m_4004863/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm
and another
https://mustangforums.com/m_1256746/tm.htm
Old 03-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Glacial
1st Gear Member

You're gonna love it -- the difference is unbelievable.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Rhino77
2nd Gear Member

Yes, I have the same package. The Xcal2 with the VMP CAI intake + larger Maf housing. It is a good package, however, I did replace one of the VMP tunes with a Bama tune, and the Bama tune is waayyy better. I got the Bama 91 torque tune after I had the XCal2, and it is well worth $75.00
Old 03-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rhino77

Yes, I have the same package. The Xcal2 with the VMP CAI intake + larger Maf housing. It is a good package, however, I did replace one of the VMP tunes with a Bama tune, and the Bama tune is waayyy better. I got the Bama 91 torque tune after I had the XCal2, and it is well worth $75.00
bama tunes are $50 now. not sure if its limited time or permanent but definitely a good deal.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:15 PM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

each word in your sentence... i read word by word..i swear to you, my grin go bigger and bigger and then my grin grew into a smile...mysmile then to a medium smile and then into this outrageously (sp?) HUGE smiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! (insert drool here!). you cannot of put it into better words! i cannot wait now! im getting my car back the 17th! its in the shop due to a little collision on the road, but, it will have the tuner+cai when i get the car back! i cant wait! thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!
Old 03-03-2008, 11:17 PM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

i cannot explain it in words how great this is all to hear! coming from being clueless about the company and already thinking the company was going to get flamed after my post due to bad luck and not researching the co. before i ordered it...and now hearing all this!!!! i made an excellent choice...definatly an excellent choice!
ORIGINAL: Rhino77

Old 03-03-2008, 11:18 PM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

"excellent choice...yeah...definatly an excellent chouice"-rain man...greatest movie everrrrrrrr! this is fantastic! to hear all this great comments about VMP and there intake and how it will ran so great with the tune! omg and the batman/joker metaphore, really paints a picture for me! i cannot wait to drive the beast!~!!!!!!! thanks dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ORIGINAL: jimkaray

Justin of VMP is always mentioned among the top custom tuners so you made a great choice, even if you didn't know it! You'd better do a quick tune up your smile cause its about to be stuck on your face like the Joker from Batman
Do a search on the PP foglight conversion, there are a few install options detailed in the forum threads.
here's one
https://mustangforums.com/m_4004863/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm
and another
https://mustangforums.com/m_1256746/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Just ordered 05-07 Custom SCT X-Cal2 and VMP Intake Package