MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   what would you pay? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/414594-what-would-you-pay.html)

8cd03gro 03-03-2008 08:39 PM

what would you pay?

this doesn't really fit into any section and i dont want to post it in the mustangs for sale since its not actually for sale right now, but i was wondering what you guys would think is a fair price for my car. I'm waiting til the salts are off the road to clean it up all around and take pictures, so it should be within the next month or so, but i want to move it fast once its cleaned up, but not for less than i can get for it. I was thinking 17k would probably move pretty quickly, but KBB keeps telling me 15,5 which seems way low to me...what do you think?

2006 vista blue 5spd-
Pony Package
interior upgrade package
black leather
14,000 miles
Some blizzaks to go with it
I have a TI cai/xcal 2 with a few tunes on it, aero-turbine and a CHE k-member brace, but i dont know if im going to take those off and sell them seperately...

It has a scratch on the rear bumper around the license plate because i got rear ended (it was like a 5mph crash in my school parking lot so the scratch is barely there at all. touch-up is definately doable.)

any input would be appreciated i am getting such massive variations in numbers from all these sources.

Fred Malibu 03-03-2008 08:51 PM

RE: what would you pay?

Well there are some 06 GTs with low miles for like $19k out there.. so its hard to compete with that..

I would sell all mods seperately..

I am not a KBB.. all I know is that if someone said "either a v6 for 17k or a GT for 19K.." it wouldnt be too much of a contest..

it makes me sad too.. I gotta deal with it one day.. (nahhh, I'll keep the stang FOREVER! :D)

frankmarino 03-03-2008 09:17 PM

I have some pretty relevant info, although unfortunately it isn't good news :(

I bought my '06 PP Vert, similarly equipped, with magnaflow duals with a GT bumper, CAI, upper and lower billet grilles with GT fogs, and only 13k miles (automatic) for $17k from a dealership. Considering the convertible is about $5k more than the coupe when its new, and our cars are equipped almost exactly the same, have similar money spent on mods and they had virtually the same mileage...I don't think you'll be able to get $17k for it. The only semi-optimistic thing I can say about it is that the dealer was advertising my car for $20k, not 17. I had to negotiate for the 17 which took about 2 hours. But even still, I doubt I got it for any less than its worth; I probably just trimmed off some of their markup. You may get lucky and find a private buyer thats smart and realizes how hard it is to find a nice preowned v6 with the miraculous feature of being a stick shift, and may be willing to pay a little extra (even though technically the auto costs more...lol)

8cd03gro 03-03-2008 09:30 PM

yea...**** that's the opposite i wanted to hear. Thanks for the info though. I just wanted to get an idea of what i will be able to afford once it sells and a starting price to put it up for. thanks again