Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Starting to get excited!

Old 03-04-2008, 07:21 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Default Starting to get excited!

I dropped off my car at a local mustang performance shop here in Houston so they could install my 3.73's & t-lok.

I should be able to pick it up this afternoon, and next week my CAI/Tune from bamachips should be here. Already running 93 octane in anticipation, but amazingly I am not all that excited yet.

I just don't know what to expect performance wise, these will be the first mods I do to enhance the power of my car. I was actually satisfied with the power it has stock, I just wish it had no throttle lag and a little more low end torque.

Anyone else feel the same way? And those who did get gears/t-lok & cai/tune, was it that much of a difference?
Old 03-04-2008, 11:39 AM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Starting to get excited!

+1 on needing more low end torque and eliminating the throttle lag. But from what I've heard your tune will help both of those causes.

Hopefully I have the money this summer for a CAI/tune. Let us know how the XCal3 works out as I've heard there were some issues with it at least early on, don't know if they've been fixed.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

I dropped off my car at a local mustang performance shop here in Houston so they could install my 3.73's & t-lok.

I should be able to pick it up this afternoon, and next week my CAI/Tune from bamachips should be here. Already running 93 octane in anticipation, but amazingly I am not all that excited yet.

I just don't know what to expect performance wise, these will be the first mods I do to enhance the power of my car. I was actually satisfied with the power it has stock, I just wish it had no throttle lag and a little more low end torque.

Anyone else feel the same way? And those who did get gears/t-lok & cai/tune, was it that much of a difference?

haha...cool.....i'm trying to get an appointment in this week, hopefully tomorrow, for my 3.73/t-lok install. it has been a LONG awaited mod. as for what to expect.....i will say to expect a new stang! custom tune/cai felt that way for me and that was with no gears......it should def put a big cheesy smile on your face. good luck, report back after the install!
Old 03-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

NO TICKETS I know your going to lay down some rubber to see if you have 2 black lines on the ground. Have Fun & Enjoy
Old 03-04-2008, 05:08 PM
MN Moose
1st Gear Member

You will be a happy man with doug's tune. I just switched over to his from brenspeed's tunes about a week ago and i couldn't be any happier.

The tlok and gears will make you crap your pants. I installed mine myself and i loved every minute of it.

Have fun man
Old 03-04-2008, 08:25 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I just picked up my car, and it is driving me crazy. I have to take it nice and easy for 500 miles before I can get into it. I will definately make sure I drive 500 miles by this weekend
Old 03-04-2008, 09:44 PM
defiance777
2nd Gear Member

Noob question what is the FRPP 3.73/T-Lok do.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:51 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: defiance777

Noob question what is the FRPP 3.73/T-Lok do.
T-Lok is a limited slip differential for the rear end. Basically 2 wheel spin instead of 1 wheel.

3.73 gears in the rear end allow faster acceleration.

FRPP is Ford Racing Performance Parts.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:00 PM
defiance777
2nd Gear Member

AAAHHHH Thank You for the enlightment.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Gears and t-lok were about as nice of a gain as the cai/tune. The tune gets rid of a noticable amount of throttle lag though which is very nice. I got great gains from both seperately so you must be very glad with both together. Good luck with the car and the new mods [sm=smiley20.gif]. That's gotta be one fun ride now

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Starting to get excited!