Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

General V6 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 12:55 PM
bruins004

Default General V6 Questions

Hey all,

Well I must say I am highly anticipating next years model since some things will be re-done.
But it is hard to wait since the Mustang looks so good right now

Anyways onto my quick question.
Obviously I am looking to pick up a V6 model due to insurance prices.
I want to make this car look close to the GT model since I like the looks of it.
Is it easy to add dual exhaust and should it be done by the manufacturer so it doesnt void the warranty?
Also, I was looking to get the scoop added as well (same question as above).

Last but not least, is there a difference between the GT spoiler and the pony package spoiler.
I keep looking at the pics of peoples cars and dont see a difference.

Thanks guys
Old 03-05-2008, 01:02 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

Default RE: General V6 Questions

First of all welcome! secondly, i take it you want your sixer to LOOK like a GT? Simply done, just takes some time and money! You can get takeoff gt bumpers and grill and have them installed to get the GT look. As far as duals, they say as long as you are doing different exhaust from the cat backward, it doesn't affect your warranty. Really depends on how **** your dealer is about that sort of thing. Ford racing offers a cat-back exhaust for our 4.0's, so i would think if your dealer installed that, you'd have no problems with warranty since it is a ford product being installedby ford themselves. Hope this helps!
Old 03-05-2008, 01:15 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

My car looks exactly like a GT now since i have done some mods. So much so, that the last 2 times I took it in to add something to it both places wrote down Windveil Blue GT on the description.

Here is what I got, and how much I paid....

GT front bumper w/ grill & foglights - $500
GT rear bumper - $500 ( i had to get it painted, you can get take off for $200)
GT rocker panels - $100
FRPP V6 dual exhaust - $650

Just look up and price a hood scoop and your done. Should be able to do it all for under $2000.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

I'm not an advocate of making the V6 look just like the GT but either way, it should be a simple job that shouldnt require the dealership doing any of it. there are plenty of takeoff parts from online vendors. good luck.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:50 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

I'm not an advocate of making the V6 look just like the GT but either way, it should be a simple job that shouldnt require the dealership doing any of it. there are plenty of takeoff parts from online vendors. good luck.
Why not? Mine still looks like a V6, It still has .. uhm... lemme think... *tap tap tap* Oh yea! I still have the V6 spoiler! Or is it considered the GT500KR spoiler now?
Old 03-05-2008, 02:57 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

It's definitely the KR spoiler now I've already seen posts asking where one might purchase the spoiler that's on the KR. Never saw THAT when it was just a stupid V6 spoiler!! ha ha
Old 03-05-2008, 03:09 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

For the 2008 model Ford offered a Power Upgrade Package for the V6 along with a 3 year /36,000 Limited Warranty. With that package you got;

* Cold Air Kit with Larger mass airflow sensor housing
* Ford Racing Performance Calibration
* Tuned Mufflers

If you are concerned about warranty and you want the performance, perhaps this is the route to go now.
For us 2007 and older Mustangs, we had to seek after market companies including Ford for our mods.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ArcticFrog

.....Never saw THAT when it was just a stupid V6 spoiler!! ha ha
no kidding.....opinions have swayed all over the place quite a bit since i first joined these forums. better to try to stay open minded on things before giving a strong opinion. i still think the stock 16" wheels are not as bad as almost everyone seems to think. the excessive bashing is undeserved. there are much worse stock wheels on the road everyday. if they had different variations of the wheel, i'm sure many would hop back on the trendy train. by the way, aren't the stock 16's stylized the same as the "Eleanor" wheels in gone in 60 seconds? hmmmm..... only obvious difference is that the Eleanor uses a deep dish version. still love my classic bullitts though [8D].
Old 03-05-2008, 07:02 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

the difference betweeen the gt and v6 pony spoiler is that thepony one is more flush mount, however on the 06 pony package it is the dame spoiler as the gt...so all you 06 and below pp owners hold on to those rides.....ford started putting the flush mouint spoiler on the pp in 07, on the o6 its a gt spoiler....not sure if they made the pp in 05.....on a sidenote i went to my dealer the recall and got it done...on the lot they had bullit already solfd...i was lucky enough to hear it and peek inside.....man what a ride.....sadly i was gonna bring my camera to shoot some pics while i wiated for the recall to be done......but i didnt.....DOH!
Old 03-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

spellcheck......i'm just saying.

Quick Reply: General V6 Questions