Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

noob burnout question... plz help

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 11:57 PM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

Default noob burnout question... plz help

ok i know how to burnout with an auto transmission by holding the brake and pressing the gas and what not... however i was wondering how dangerous is this for your ride??? besides wearing the tires lol... does doing this effect your brakes a lot or what are all the negatives to doing burnouts? thanks for your knowledge andinput ahead of time fellaz
Old 03-06-2008, 12:47 AM
noober
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: noob burnout question... plz help

Serious issues with your breaks can occur. It's not really your frant brakes, but your back brakes will fry. If anything gets thrown back through your braking system, it could pop it, but that's VERY rare. If you're doing one-wheel burns (no t-lok) then you'll have a nice stagnant wheel while the other one spins to high heaven.

There's also the possibility of wheel hop if your wheels don't break free. Consider this - what happens when you floor your engine with the breaks on while in first or D? That's basically what you're doing, minus some of the actual braking power. The way you alleviate this (and almost all burners do) is by getting front end wheel locks. I think that's what they're called... I believe you need ABS for that.

My tip, don't do it.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:29 AM
wolfpup

ok so how do i go about doing that and about how much will it cost?
Old 03-06-2008, 02:11 AM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

aka brake line locks. Try here: http://www.pmpparts.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=187
Other people make them too, this was just the first to come to mind.
Basically you apply your brakes, push the line lock which locks the front wheels, let off the brakes. The front wheels are still braking due to the line lock, but the back are free to spin.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:28 AM
wolfpup

is that one ok for our v6 models??? and how hard is the install??? professional only?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:05 AM
blue07mustang

Lets not forget the damage it can do to your rear end!? I'm sure a new rear end for our cars doesn't come cheap. Even if you don't break it now, your prematurely wearing it out. My suggestion, burn out once in while, nothing show boaty otherwise take it easy.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:47 AM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wolfpup

is that one ok for our v6 models??? and how hard is the install??? professional only?
It sure is. They have an ABS version and a non-ABS version though, so you'd have to get the one that corresponds to your car. And mysuggestion is to have fun with your car, that what you bought it for, right? Life's short, live yours a quarter mile at a time lol EDIT: O and I think the install is intermediate difficulty...not for newbs, but i saw somewhere that if you can bleed your brakes, you can install it.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:54 AM
rock61992
1st Gear Member

or you could wet your tires and floor it
Old 03-06-2008, 12:19 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Put some bleach on your rear tires, and light them up, then people will notice you and the white smoke
Old 03-06-2008, 12:19 PM
wolfpup

ORIGINAL: basketballord

ORIGINAL: wolfpup

It sure is. They have an ABS version and a non-ABS version though, so you'd have to get the one that corresponds to your car. And mysuggestion is to have fun with your car, that what you bought it for, right? Life's short, live yours a quarter mile at a time lol EDIT: O and I think the install is intermediate difficulty...not for newbs, but i saw somewhere that if you can bleed your brakes, you can install it.
thanks alot for the help bballlord and everyone else in MF i really appreciate your intelligence and input into my dilemma... and yes i completely agree life is short our cars were bought to have fun... not to sit in a garage and drive 500 miles a year *cough cough* but hey do what you do...

Quick Reply: noob burnout question... plz help