Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hey all! Help me out

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 09:45 PM
themac5150
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Hey all! Help me out

Hey you sound like me last July when I bought mine!! LOL Use the search feature and you will get TONS of info on tunes and tuning.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:33 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

It is a very simple procedure using a hand held device that plugs into your cars computer port(under the steering wheel on the dash). Everything on our cars is controlled by this computer. Ford has installed very conservative engine and automatic transmissions control parameters into the computer. The Xcal2 or the new Xcal3 holds 3 different octane tunes that you can install(reflash)very easily in place of the stock tune. These tune can be changed back and forth between the 3 supplied tunes or back to stock.The tuner will ask you a bunch of questions about you car and custom load the Xcal accordinglythen send the Xcal to you. It adds horsepower,better throttle response and better highway mileage toour cars.On automatics it gets rid of that dangerous downshift lag and improves the shifts. Most good tunerscan get you 20-25 more HP(with a CAI & high performance muffler). It really does "wake up our cars". Check out Vmp,Bama,Brenspeed, Alternative and a few others you can find online. Hope this helps.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:51 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

Blazed---It is one nice looking car. This is the first Torch Red I've seen with the light interior. Very Nice!!
Old 03-08-2008, 12:24 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Tint
Shorty antennae

CAI and Tuner (with tunes) http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang2005...97clv6pack.gif
when you are ready. The CAI and tune(s) will make the car faster.

I would go initially with a muffler(s) from a GT if you want to make the car more aggressive sounding.. GT "takeoff" mufflers are cheap (around $80 for a pair), and is a good first mod.

If you want a more expensive exhaust, and are event thinking about a dual exhaust system.. just stick with the stock set-up or a single GT muffler and save up for a good quality dual exhaust.

If you really want to have more fun.. and spend more $$$.. you could have new gears installed (make car take off faster)...

For exterior.. like I mentioned above.. tint is a must.. along with a smaller antennae.
You can get GT wheels (with tires) relatively cheap.. if you like the classic Mustang bullitt style.

Then there are window louvers.. side and hood scoops.. the list goes on..

Old 03-08-2008, 02:08 AM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

The antenna is a must to get. The stock one is like 3 feet tall lol. It is relatively cheap too.

http://www.haneymotorsport.com/hot_n...ty_antenna.htm
Old 03-08-2008, 02:31 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

LOL my antenna was very 1st mod....although i have more show than go i reccomedn doing exhust first.....go cat back so you dont viod the warranty if there is one......but your gonna want that sound .....exhaust...some show and then the cai and tune..... nice ride and welcome to the mustang nation
Old 03-08-2008, 02:38 AM
SeanoStang
4th Gear Member

stripes set off a car like nothing else
Old 03-08-2008, 08:24 AM
themac5150
3rd Gear Member

From the pics, I'd get some floormats first!! The Ford all weather mats are very nice.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:14 PM
torque_is_good
2nd Gear Member

First mod would be to have the 3rd pedal installed as you seem to only have 2

the next mod which needs to be done, especially since you are missing the happy pedal is CAI tune and do it now!!!!! then, spend another $50 and get a gt takeoff muffler. I believe folks with the sixers will tell you the 3 pack of CAI/tune/axle back are all worth it and mods they should have done immediately. Enjoy
Old 03-10-2008, 02:46 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

The first thing I would do is get rid of the light colth interior and replace it with GT take-off leather. The second would be to get rid of those wheels/tires and replace them with GT take-off wheels/tires. Next replace the grille withPony Package grille with driving lights. A shorty antenna would look nice on the car as would a honeycomb panel between the taillights. Replace muffler with single GT take-off or add true duals with GT take-offs.

Quick Reply: Hey all! Help me out