Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

REVIEW: Full list of mods....

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 11:21 PM
moonstang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: REVIEW: Full list of mods....

You really notice the difference the intake and tune make when you put the stock ones back on. I sold mine in preparation for the x-charger, and now I am stuck driving it stock until the group buy finishes. I sure do miss it!

Plus, my speedo is off by about 12% now without the tuner to adjust for the 3.73 gears!
Old 03-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

hmmm.....ur mods look almost like mine . next performance mod for me will be the aluminum DS. the smoothness and improved response got me sold. in case anyone is curious, the gears that were put in my stang were ford oem which are actually made by U.S. Gear Corporation model# E4SZ4209A. i looked it up and they provide oem gears for Ford, GM, and Chrysler.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:49 PM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

Nice breakdown on your mods Odyssey. You went with some good brands from what I can tell.

+2 on the C&L CAI with tunes from B.A.M.A (Doug)....all of his tunes get good reviews. X-cal 3's are really easy to use as well. ( I was afraid of messing my car up with a calibrator)

Thanks for your input and reviews.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:01 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: addison85

i didnt want to start a new thread so i wanted to ask about gears in general...

exactly what effects on the car do 3.73/4.10 gears have? i've read increased torque/low end power, better launches, better hp, etc etc
They basically get your car into the upper power band faster. It doesn't give you any torque, or hp, just gets you up where the torque is faster.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:03 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: addison85

and i've heard some neg things about FRPP gears, yours are ok?
The only negative with the FRPP gears are the ones made by motive, they end in the part number -M, which I do not have. They don't whine at all and work great.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:05 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: Devil Wolf

why do you say the tlok would not be good for track goers? i assumed this would be necessary in higher gear aplications to get you to launch. i dont think that i would dream of getting 4.10s (if i do decide to go that route) and not also get the lsd.

is there a bad side to lsd that i am not aware of? i was going on the assumption that the only downside is it will stress the rear more than my current open rear end.
Nothing bad about it, it is actually better than the open differential you are running now. The only thing I was saying was that it is not designed to be hammered on over and over at the track. There are users here who have hammered on it at the track and it has held up, but it just wasn't designed for abuse.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:07 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: lrgnation

cool, but I guarantee you dont get 30rwhp from cai,tune, and catback. And its not free..
You got me there, it is definitely not free. hehe 30rwhp was a rough number, C&L/Bama touts it as about 25ish I beleive, we all know its relative and across the board.... or as they say "actual numbers may vary"
Old 03-11-2008, 12:08 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: Rhino77

Cool mods man, and I'm really thinking about doing that FRPP dual setup, though I may just have tips put on my GT takeoffs.
Glad to hear the 3.73's are a good choice, those are what I'm going to go with, as it is my DD and I put on about 110 miles a day.

You plannin' on picking up an aluminum DS?
Damnit! I totally forgot about an alum. DS. Now thats another $500 bucks to add to my list, my wife is gonna kill me LOL!
Old 03-11-2008, 08:46 AM
addison85
2nd Gear Member

I love your threads and posts ODDYSEY, they're so informative and succinct.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:23 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

That, and new shocks to go with your springs.

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

ORIGINAL: Rhino77

Cool mods man, and I'm really thinking about doing that FRPP dual setup, though I may just have tips put on my GT takeoffs.
Glad to hear the 3.73's are a good choice, those are what I'm going to go with, as it is my DD and I put on about 110 miles a day.

You plannin' on picking up an aluminum DS?
Damnit! I totally forgot about an alum. DS. Now thats another $500 bucks to add to my list, my wife is gonna kill me LOL!

Quick Reply: REVIEW: Full list of mods....