Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bama race tune = AWESOME!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 05:38 PM
addison85
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Bama race tune = AWESOME!

ORIGINAL: teetertotter

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

maybe I should email doug. I'm just not getting the same experience with the race tune. I started with a brenspeed tune, and decided to try doug's race tune. I keep switching back to the race tune just to make sure.... But the brenspeed tune just feels stronger (and more agressive) with my car.
Sand... you may not get the same effect if you went from Brenspeed to Bama tune, most of the replies have been people who went from nothing to Bama race.

It is a ton more power than I had before, but I am not like "omg its awesome" it just feels like my car is "right" now.
It's like when you put in a CAI and hear more noise thinking you added a tremendous more giddy-up.Need reality check. Like adding an under drive pulley for example, which makes it quicker off the line. Reality, only means .015 seconds better in the qtr, for example. Tunes will do the same, get a little faster jump, and still lose to a stock automaticGT by 40 feet in the qtr mile.
6 always a 6. Install Nitro for any great change.......
It's not just in your head, there literally is a HUGE difference in all around performance from the car with the 93Race tune. And I agree it won't compare to a stock GT, but it does take a giant leap towards it.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:03 PM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TechJunky

I just ordered the 91 Torque tune from there tonight. Can't wait to try it out! If I like it that much, I may try out the race tune, because I've been hearing a lot of great things, and I'm far too intrigued.
I love the 91T. The 87P is my DD. The 91P.....not much different than the 87P. IMO

Edit:The first sign your battery is getting low is when the reflash fails.
I now half to remove the fan fuse and fuel pump relay before I reflash.(like the instructions say to do)
Old 03-25-2008, 07:12 AM
frankmarino
1st Gear Member

I just put in the bama 93 race tune...one word:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

(is that a word?)

If I'm not careful, I'll end up with one bald tire and a permanent rubber smell in the interior.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:28 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Get some gears, Nitto tires, and a t-lok. YOu won't spin as much, but when you do spin...... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!