Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bullitt Mufflers + JBA "H" Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 12:51 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Bullitt Mufflers + JBA "H" Pipe

why is it that there are few that want single exhaust? im not ******* on duals by any means, but i like the way my car sounds now. and i dont really wanna change it.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:00 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

ideally it seems duals are a visual mod - same reason someone likes aftermarket wheels versus stock wheels (or ford racing ones for that matter).

then again, if you're considering performance, duals will really seem to help in super/turbocharged applications. There's nothing wrong with a single, but duals, IMO, help complete the rear symmetry on these cars. I don't like how our v6 bumpers are higher cut than the gts, which in turn exposes that black panel underneather the spare tire well... and to at least help keep attention away from that area (until I magically purchase a gt500 bumper for a nice price) I put a pair of nice and shiney dual exhaust tips (that are functional) on my ride.

I personally enjoy resonation and being able to hear the full drone of the car from either passenger/driver seats.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:00 PM
05nightrider
2nd Gear Member

i had no problems what so ever with my jba hpipe... shop installed in in 30 min for 50 bucks... maybe im just lucky but i love mine

as for duals... i also think its an image thing... especially on muscle cars the dual exhaust give that look of power imo... i dont see many classic muscle cars with single exhaust... also it will help in future F/I applications
Old 03-13-2008, 08:18 PM
loaded6shooter
2nd Gear Member

my jbas went together no problem and i love them.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:38 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

No problems with my JBA's
Old 03-13-2008, 08:53 PM
themac5150
3rd Gear Member

Speaking of the GT500 bumper... While at the dealer today, they had a sweet Shelby GT, white with silver stripes, that I was drooling on. I noticed it had that rear installed. Looked very good, especially with that lower area with the ribs blacked out.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:47 PM
sonicmetalicS197
2nd Gear Member

It should b good, the H pipe is deff a good choice for a deep rumble
Old 03-13-2008, 10:44 PM
05nightrider
2nd Gear Member

haha... chris i think you just got screwed on your jbas
Old 03-14-2008, 12:07 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05nightrider

haha... chris i think you just got screwed on your jbas
Maybe they fixed them after many complaints. I know that I am not the only one who had issues with their H pipe. I dont really care, because the shop I go to did all the work for free. They have been great to deal with.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:21 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

Phew, I was sweating bullets for a little while after reading chrisc's post (I've got a JBA H and Borla Stingers sitting in my basement waiting for the nice weather to show up), but I feel a little better knowing that many of you have had no problem with your pipes. I'll keep my fingers crossed, hopefully mine aren't too rough to put on.

As for duals in general, yeah, I think it's mainly a visual thing as well. I've got a single Flowmaster AT on right now, and in all honesty I'm very happy with how it sounds, but there's something about the look of duals that you just can't beat.

I was cruising home on a freeway at night last year (like November or something) and I saw a nice white 350Z cruise past me (which I think especially stood out to me because my Mustang is nice and white too) and he had a nice set of rolled chrome duals on there, and I was like, "Man, I need that." Not the 350Z, although I wouldn't complain, but the look of those nice chrome duals. I think that was the deciding moment for me and I had my dual setup on order like a week later.

Duals look better, typically sound better, look better (yep) and aren't all that difficult of a mod, so I think they're appealing in many ways. And there certainly seems to be a growing trend of people slapping duals on their 6-bangers, at least in here.

Quick Reply: Bullitt Mufflers + JBA "H" Pipe