Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ford sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 12:21 PM
samahn316

Default RE: Ford sucks!

my car is an 06 with 25000 miles on it... And I have the dual magma flows with the hangers that came with it. I contacted magnaflow and they told me that it was because I lowered the car.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: laserred02

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

try another dealership.
Yeah. Oil leaks happen on ALL cars. You just found a dealership with lazy mechanics and/or special ones. Best bet is to find another and not blame ford for it. You did buy their car correct?
If Ford built the car correctly in the first place it wouldn't be leaking oil. I don't know how old his car is or how many miles, but it is pretty early for these cars to be leaking oil. Especially enough that a pan gasket would need to be changed.
Is that comment serious? My dad's old car a BMW with low miles (under 35k) had an oil leak, and aren't they supposed to be one of the best engineered cars on the market? And my friends dad's infinity had an oil leak with less than15k on the clock.**** happens after cars leave the factory. Whether a leak was caused by a little beating on the car, an assembly line malfunction, or something else, they happen on all cars no matter what the mileage. This is why almost any newcar comes with a warranty from the factory.I'd hate to see you with an expensive car, you'd probably be complaining aboutevery little thing that doesn't sound or look right
Old 03-12-2008, 12:57 PM
samahn316

well im at the dealership right now and the service guy told me that it usually doesnt happen this early with the amount of mileage on my car... but anyone have a solution for my exhaust? could i put some type of padding on the rear sway bar so i won't hear this clunking all the time?
Old 03-12-2008, 01:38 PM
laserred02
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

try another dealership.
Yeah. Oil leaks happen on ALL cars. You just found a dealership with lazy mechanics and/or special ones. Best bet is to find another and not blame ford for it. You did buy their car correct?
If Ford built the car correctly in the first place it wouldn't be leaking oil. I don't know how old his car is or how many miles, but it is pretty early for these cars to be leaking oil. Especially enough that a pan gasket would need to be changed.
Is that comment serious? My dad's old car a BMW with low miles (under 35k) had an oil leak, and aren't they supposed to be one of the best engineered cars on the market? And my friends dad's infinity had an oil leak with less than15k on the clock.**** happens after cars leave the factory. Whether a leak was caused by a little beating on the car, an assembly line malfunction, or something else, they happen on all cars no matter what the mileage. This is why almost any newcar comes with a warranty from the factory.I'd hate to see you with an expensive car, you'd probably be complaining aboutevery little thing that doesn't sound or look right
Yes it is serious, the car shouldn't leak oil this early, and that is the bottom line. Don't insult me for wanting my car to be right, and sympathizing with another person who feels the same way. Also in my opinion this in one expensive *** car, and maybe you would know that if you made the payments on your car rather than your parents. Look kid, once you grow up and have some experience you can comment on these things, but while your parents are still fitting the bill it is best to keep your uninformed opinion to yourself. Some of us would like our cars to last for a long time because they are expensive and oil leaks early on are a poor indication of longevity.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Yes it is serious, the car shouldn't leak oil this early, and that is the bottom line. Don't insult me for wanting my car to be right, and sympathizing with another person who feels the same way. Also in my opinion this in one expensive *** car, and maybe you would know that if you made the payments on your car rather than your parents. Look kid, once you grow up and have some experience you can comment on these things, but while your parents are still fitting the bill it is best to keep your uninformed opinion to yourself. Some of us would like our cars to last for a long time because they are expensive and oil leaks early on are a poor indication of longevity.
Nothing to do with longjevity.**** happens to carswhen driven. Some more than others. AND FROMMY PARENTS EXPERIENCE IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW THE CAR IS BUILT. My dad got rid of his beemer to some guy a while ago, and the guy now has over 120k on the odometer with no engine problems at all. Future problems huh .Since you want totalk about age, howold are you? My dad is 49 and I bet he has a lot morethan you with cars since he worked in dealershipsfor about 25yrs of his life working on cars and doing accounting work, and he knows how to take an engine apart and put it back together, do you? But I'm not debating with you any more, b/c apparently you don't know that much about normal car maintenence (ex: leaks). [:-]
Old 03-12-2008, 02:10 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Now now.. we all know what e-argueing accomplishes.

I don't care if I had a $100 car or $100,000 car. If it is under warranty, I would want it fixed. And if it was low mileage, I would expect it to not leak oil. Technically speaking, any car leaking oil is broken, because they are designed and built to NOT leak anything.

Just because they do, does not mean they are right, or mean you should let it slide. Just my opinion, but don't get your panties all in a bunch.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:52 PM
laserred02
4th Gear Member

I didn't know I was arguing with your dad, LOL?? Yes I rebuilt the straight six in my 1966 mustang, so I have taken apart and put motors back together. Oil leaks are not normal, and they can be indicative of future problems, just because they don't always cause problems doesn't mean they should not be addressed.

Maybe you should spend more time deciding which completely new direction you are going to take your car this week, and less time responding with what your daddy told you about some guy one time.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:25 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

first off i would find a nother delaership to do your work if your not happy with the one you are using, or find a recommended and relaible custom shop to do the work.....as for the flows banging the bottom of the car ...i am not lowerd and have never had this problem so it sounds like theinstall could be suspect....as for the oil leak....well they happen all the time unfortunatley...but if i may suggest.....check the oil pan where the bolt goes in to drain the oil....i had a constant leak that no one could figure out till i got the oil changed (this was on a different car mind you) but it seems the previous two guys missed putting a small washer back on between the bolt and the pan....the washer was like 10 bucks...i had it replaced (well it was lost i guess by jiffy lube or some place like that (one reason i never go to those places unless desperate)) the guy put the washer on..problem solved..again this is only one of many possiblites as why your leaking....hope this helps

on the whole tho...find another dealer sonds like the one your going to is up to snuff..
Old 03-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

I didn't know I was arguing with your dad, LOL?? Yes I rebuilt the straight six in my 1966 mustang, so I have taken apart and put motors back together. Oil leaks are not normal, and they can be indicative of future problems, just because they don't always cause problems doesn't mean they should not be addressed.

Maybe you should spend more time deciding which completely new direction you are going to take your car this week, and less time responding with what your daddy told you about some guy one time.

Don't need to spend time on that, picking up an 04Mach 1 on Friday w/2k on the clock . And I agree with you onoil leaksneeding to be addressed, I just was telling you that any car can have them at any mileage and it's definitly not the end of the world with the car for longjevity.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:03 PM
samahn316

well the cars at the dealership. and its gunna be there for another day or two. i took the exhaust to 2 places and its only the right exhaust pipe that bangs. i was actually under the car with them tryna figure out how to fix it... but the most clearance we could get was about a quarter of an inch... the exhaust is really starting to bother me... HELP ME!!

Quick Reply: Ford sucks!