Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ford sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 02:52 AM
samahn316

Default Ford sucks!

i love my car dont get me wrong but Ford sucks! i've been leaking oil apparently for the past like 5 months... i had it taken in the first time and they had it overnight and replaced the oil pan gasket.soi go to install my magnaflows and guess wat? there's oil leaking agen! not only that my hurst shifter came apart on me becauseapparently they didnt tighten one of the bolts when they put it back on... soi go back to the dealership and now i gotta leave it there agen...and its my only car...they need to learn how to properly build cars and hire mechanics that know what they're doin...
p.s. sportlines are a pain in the a$$ my magnaflows hit my rear sway bars anytime i hit a bump... so now i gotta spend more money tryna get it custom fitted.... having a bad couple weeks with my car... just tryna vent my anger right now...
Old 03-12-2008, 03:00 AM
samahn316

Default RE: Ford sucks!

oh yeah you guys have any suggestions with the exhaust? is the only solution going to a muffler shop and having it welded and bent?
Old 03-12-2008, 03:09 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

First off, the springs should lower the car entirely. The exhaust should lower also. You shouldnt have that issue when you lower the car.

What kind of exhaust setup do you have? Do you just have a muffler? Or do you have duals? If you have duals, do you have custom pipes, or the Magnaflow pipes?

If you have just a muffler, something is weird. You need to get that checked out. If you have custom duals, it was a bad install, and you should go there and make them fix it. If you have the Magnaflow pipes, it was either a bad install or a bad set. Take it to the shop, and get them to check it out.

Most likely what is happening is the hangers of your exhaust suck. When you go over a bump, they are a bit loose and the exhaust jiggles, and ends up hitting something. I had that issue when I put on the crappy JBA hangers. Got original Ford equipment and it fixed it right up. Looking back, I should have just got an FRPP kit and saved me a few hundred bucks with all the issues the JBAs gave me [>:]
Old 03-12-2008, 03:19 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

try another dealership.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:22 AM
Slacker584
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

try another dealership.
+1

The one and only Ford dealership on Staten Island sucks. I once ran over a curb to avoid some moron that swerved into my lane to pass somebody and I needed a hub bearing replacement. There was an obvious noise that you could hear plus the car's alignment was off. I went to the dealership, had them drive it, and they said they couldn't tell if anything was wrong because it was raining outside. WTF does that have to do with anything? It wasn't even raining hard enough to not be able to hear anything outside the car, and that's irrelevant anyway because you could tell the car's steering was off. All this after waiting two weeks for an appointment. Needless to say, I'm going over the bridge the next time I take the car to a dealer.

On a side note, the dealership I mentioned and the one in samahn316's original post could just be crappy and not indicative of the overall quality of Ford's dealerships. At least, I hope it's not when I make a trip to NJ. Anyone else have service shop stories to share?
Old 03-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

i would guess that the chances of a subpar dealership are slightly greater than a good one. to be fair though, employees change all the time at these places so a dealership can look sh*tty one year and look pretty good the next. All depends on who's working there at the time and how much the manager gives a crap.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

try another dealership.
Yeah. Oil leaks happen on ALL cars. You just found a dealership with lazy mechanics and/or special ones. Best bet is to find another and not blame ford for it. You did buy their car correct?
Old 03-12-2008, 11:43 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

My Stealership has changed service managers
3 times in the last year alone. They always let
me know by mail for some reason. I personally
knew the second one but that was a very short
stay for him. [:@]He told me they didnt pay him
enough for the services he provided.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 157db

My Stealership has changed service managers
3 times in the last year alone. They always let
me know by mail for some reason. I personally
knew the second one but that was a very short
stay for him. [:@]He told me they didnt pay him
enough for the services he provided.
there you go: underpaid, unmotivated employees = poor service. i think this is pretty accurate with most jobs.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:03 PM
laserred02
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

try another dealership.
Yeah. Oil leaks happen on ALL cars. You just found a dealership with lazy mechanics and/or special ones. Best bet is to find another and not blame ford for it. You did buy their car correct?
If Ford built the car correctly in the first place it wouldn't be leaking oil. I don't know how old his car is or how many miles, but it is pretty early for these cars to be leaking oil. Especially enough that a pan gasket would need to be changed.

Original poster: I feel your pain, these cars are great in a lot of ways, but sometimes it is entirely evident where the cost cutting occurred.

Quick Reply: Ford sucks!