Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

C&L Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 01:28 AM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Default C&L Install

Hey,

Well, I've been comtiplating rather to go ahead and get the intake and tune or not... Before I do though, I was wondering how easy the install is with a C&L intake, considering I will probably be going with VMP Tunes. Comments would be greatly appriciated. Also, if you have any guides, that would be great too so I can look over it myself.

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2008, 01:32 AM
Favre4TD
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: C&L Install

10 minutes

easier than hooking up my Sharp Aquos by a mile
Old 03-13-2008, 03:53 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

i'm a total dumb *** and i did it. it's pretty simple actually, make sure you have an 8mm and 10mm (i think) socket. the 8mm is used to take off the elbow inlet housing from the throttle body. on the stock airbox there's only one screw. then use the 10mm socket to loosen the screw that keeps the airbox attached to the body of the car on the drivers side to the front. disconnect the MAF sensor thing and some weird tube thing that i have no idea what its called. pull out the air box and then use a special little driver head (i don't know what it's called, when i got my C&L from brenspeed it came with it, but they give you 2 regular phillips head screws to put the MAF thingie back in) to take out the MAF thingie in the airbox. putting together the C&L CAI took me more time then removing and installing.
after you get the CAI installed, put the MAF thingie in the appropriate slow and be sure the air flow symbol points to the throttle body. attach the elbow to the throttle body, tighten it up slightly using the 8mm and then secure the heatshield to the body with the 10mm and after making sure everything is properly adjusted, tighten the throttle body screws, and connect the MAF sensor and the tube thingie then load your tune.

just to prove how much of a dumbass i am, go back and count how many times i used the word thing and thingie. if my dumbass can put a CAI and load a tune, so can anyone. after a while you really pick up on how easy and quick ways to install. when i put mine in originally, instead of putting the CAI together first, i did it piece by piece then i realized "wow, i'm stupid". just using my mistakes to make it easier for you
Old 03-13-2008, 05:57 AM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

No worries, a couple of screws..
i just use my power drill with the screwdriver heads and pop everything out and back on..

Maybe I'll do a writeup if you need.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:37 AM
addison85
2nd Gear Member

It takes about an hour for someone who has never been under the hood before. After that, you'll realize how easy it was.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:02 AM
ScreamingYellow2005
2nd Gear Member

iT'S SO EASY A CAVE MAN CAN DO IT
Old 03-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ScreamingYellow2005

iT'S SO EASY A CAVE MAN CAN DO IT
Shaq can do it also ........i do have one question though: what are the two screw holes on the MAF housing section of the intake that protrude outward for? i'm assuming they must be used to connect to something on another setup?
Old 03-13-2008, 12:44 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Easy easy easy...10-15 minutes tops. Don't let the looks fool you into thinking it's a challenge
Old 03-13-2008, 07:41 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Alright, thanks for the help.

I may try to fiddle around with it, if I end up buying it, before I start asking for write ups (thanks Scott).
Old 03-13-2008, 07:46 PM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

The toughest part for me was getting the hose off the throttle body (I did it with a broken wrist) and figuring out how the Mass Air Flow clip detatched. Easy install.....don't be skeered. Xcal tuners go step by step on your tuning.

You will be glad you did it.

Quick Reply: C&L Install