MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   I just ordered the Langka paint repair system. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/419994-i-just-ordered-the-langka-paint-repair-system.html)

Rhino77 03-15-2008 09:07 PM

I just ordered the Langka paint repair system.

After reading multiple successful reviews on the Langka paint repair system, I decided to buy a kit.
3 days after I bought my girl last year, a couple of pieces of gravel hit my paint, and left 3 good chips in the front of the hood.

It's bothered me since then, so I decided to do something about it. Hopefully it will arrive this upcoming week, then I'll get a chance to do the repair next Saturday. I'll be sure to take before and after pictures, as well as a review when I am through!

MrSandman 03-15-2008 09:15 PM

RE: I just ordered the Langka paint repair system.

Let us know how it goes.. I would be interested.

Rhino77 03-15-2008 09:23 PM

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

Let us know how it goes.. I would be interested.
You bet brotha, there'll be before/after pics and a review when the job is completed.

vtmustangs 03-15-2008 11:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Rhino77

After reading multiple successful reviews on the Langka paint repair system, I decided to buy a kit.
3 days after I bought my girl last year, a couple of pieces of gravel hit my paint, and left 3 good chips in the front of the hood.

It's bothered me since then, so I decided to do something about it. Hopefully it will arrive this upcoming week, then I'll get a chance to do the repair next Saturday. I'll be sure to take before and after pictures, as well as a review when I am through!

I just ordered my kit on friday might be while before apply though because I will probably wash/wax/clay it before and got to find enough time one day to do it all.

Rhino77 03-15-2008 11:33 PM

ORIGINAL: vtmustangs

I just ordered my kit on friday might be while before apply though because I will probably wash/wax/clay it before and got to find enough time one day to do it all.
Awesome man, I love detailing my car. I've whittled it down to about 4 hours. Usually start about 9:30am on a Saturday, and will usually be completed by about 1pm. I just washed/clayed/waxed last Saturday, so this upcoming one will just be a wash, quick spray wax, then the chip repair.

LX200 03-15-2008 11:53 PM

What's the theory behind the kit.... how does it differ from just doing touch up? Do you use Ford factory touch up paint with the kid?

TPony 03-16-2008 12:03 AM

Wow, I google it and found all kinds of info on this product. But, looking forward to your review...

Rhino77 03-16-2008 12:09 AM

ORIGINAL: LX200

What's the theory behind the kit.... how does it differ from just doing touch up? Do you use Ford factory touch up paint with the kid?
Well, basically it goes like this:

1) Apply paint glob to the existing chip in the paint. (Touch up paint bought from dealership).
2) Let paint dry.
3) Apply the Langka "Blob elminator" to a rag, wrapped around a piece of plastic shaped like a credit card.
4) Rub the paint blob VERY LIGHTLY until the paint glop is even with the paint finish of the car.
5) Once the glob is level, you then apply the sealer to it.

It's really supposed to look nice and blend well with the finish of your car. Hopefully I'll have pics and review by next Saturday evening.

vtmustangs 03-16-2008 12:59 AM

Yea I haven't heard anything bad about the product yet. I think it just basically takes using touch up paint to the next step because it blends the paint so its not noticable and seals it.

ORIGINAL: vtmustangs

Awesome man, I love detailing my car. I've whittled it down to about 4 hours. Usually start about 9:30am on a Saturday, and will usually be completed by about 1pm. I just washed/clayed/waxed last Saturday, so this upcoming one will just be a wash, quick spray wax, then the chip repair.

Yea I just bought a bunch of Zaino products bc I heard they are the best so will be trying that out then the touch up paint. Side note but the people at LANGKA are very customer friendly and helpful. I think I have gotten three emails from them already and I just ordered the product on friday.

Dineau 03-23-2008 08:24 AM

I have been using Langka for a while and yes it's much better then other product because the product really brings down those blob flush with the paint making repairs unnoticable by touch.

BUT I had mixed results with car with metalic paints...

As you know when the paint dries, metalic flakes tend to float and are coming to the surface, so when you etch downthe blob with Langka more flakes are exposed causing the repaired area to be much lighter (because there's more metal flakes).

So I would say it's a great product especially on non metalic paints.