Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Install Prices for Various Mods, plus FREE CHOCOLATE

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Slacker584
1st Gear Member

Default Install Prices for Various Mods, plus FREE CHOCOLATE

There's no free chocolate, I'm an attention ***** and I just figured more people would click on the post if that was in the subject field.[sm=goodidea.gif]

Ok guys and gals, I've put the wheels in motion to mod my Pony in what seems to be the most typical fashion found on this page (CAI/Tune combo, FRPP Exhaust, 3.73 gears, T-lok). I may or may not review my car's performanceonce the mods are complete, but I wouldn't want to seem redundant as Oddyseyhasalready done thathere (and very well might I add). I just figured I would give everyone a ballpark idea on what these would cost if you purchased them and had a shop install them for you. I'm not very mechanically inclined - my skill set doesn't go much further past changing the oil, changing a tire, and minor interior modifications - so that is why I leave the big jobs like this up to people who are trained to do so.

The closest licensed dealer and installer of FRPP parts that I found is a place by the name of Joe Heck Racingin Lakewood, NJ. For anyone in theNJ area, the main guy who works there (Joe Amato) has been very helpful thus far. I ordered all of the Ford parts through him and got my CAI/Tuner from Evolution Performance(87, 93, and 93 Extreme Tunes). So without further ado, here are the prices:

-- C&L CAI/Tuner package from Evolution Performance - $575
-- FRPP 3.73 Gears (NOT MOTIVE)* - $269
-- Ford T-Lok LSD - $200
-- Bearings - $50
-- Fluid - $20
-- Friction Modifier - $5
-- FRPP V6 Dual Exhaust - $575
-- Labor for installation of everything - $900
-- TOTAL PRICE - $2,594.00

That's pretty much all of it...keep a look out for more free chocolate in the future.

* A note about the gears: Joe told me that he would not even install Motives on a Stang because of the well-known whine issue that is present after most installations. He said this is because of poor craftsmanship on Motive's part thus requiring the gears to be shimmed a lot before installation.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:32 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Default RE: Install Prices for Various Mods, plus FREE CHOCOLATE

Good post. When you put a dollar amount at the bottom like that, it seems like alot of money I like it better when its just a little here, and a little there. That way I can get it passed my wife easier

So did you get it all installed already? or when do you get it done?
Old 03-18-2008, 12:37 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

It sounds like you are headed in the right direction. I am running tunes by Evolution, and have been pleased thus far (ran ET's of 14.4xx last year).

At first, I thought your labor rate for the install was too high, but then I re-read your post and that includes installing the duals. Installing your CAI and tunes is REALLY easy to do yourself, if you wanted to save a little dough. If you are close to Delaware, you could come by my house and I'd install it for you (I'll pass on the chocolate - I work for beer!).

Good luck!
Old 03-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Rhino77
2nd Gear Member

Maybe you might want to consider the 8.8 rear with 3.73's? It is $800 I think, but I believe that would be well worth it if you ever go F/I...Plus, if you install the 8.8 Rear with the Duals, that'll save you a hell of a lot 'a dough...It's always a benefit to have friends who are know what they are doing when it comes to installation of parts on cars.

I've got a friend with a Cobra and Whipple S/C, dude's puttin down 600hp to the wheels! Anyway, I'm gonna be installing the duals over at his house pretty soon, I've got another pal about 20miles away, hes a fleet tech for City of San Bernardino, he's gonna help me install the Powerhouse Turbo.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:44 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

The problem with the 8.8 is that everyone keeps saying "it's only 800 bucks" but if you price out an 8.8 W/ 4.10's its more like $1000, PLUS you have to pay a good $150-200 bucks shipping.

I priced the 8.8 from newtakeoff.com and by the time I got done getting it all it was almost $1200 bucks vs $700 I spent for my 7.5.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Slacker584
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

Good post. When you put a dollar amount at the bottom like that, it seems like alot of money I like it better when its just a little here, and a little there. That way I can get it passed my wife easier

So did you get it all installed already? or when do you get it done?
Haha yeah it does seem like a lot of money, but I'm not married yet. If I was in your boat, then I'd definitely space it out a little more

I'm getting it installed in about three weeks, apparently this guy does a lot of business so that is reassuring...the wait is killing me though, and it just started [:@]

28HopUp thanks for the pointer on the CAI and tuner install, I have heard that it is easy to install but I figured while he's doing the rest of the work it's better if he does everything. That way if (God forbid) there's a problem, I can say that it's not related to anything I may have inadvertently screwed up lol. And after further review, putting free beer in the subject field probably would have gotten more traffic here, so that's my bad [sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 03-18-2008, 12:58 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

+12oz. on the free beer!
Old 03-18-2008, 06:38 PM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

How reputable is Evolution performance for tunes? I'm reading their site, and their CAI combo puts alot of hp and tq for less the cost of Bama and VMP. Are these gains safe? I might actually reconsider having an Evolution Performance tune instead of a Bama one.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Slacker584
1st Gear Member

I've read good things about them, primarily on this forum. Do a forum search using Evolution Performance, most people have positive reviews.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:21 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

hey man that sounds good, i've been trying to contact him to see if he would like to be a sponsor on my forum, he sure would attract alot of attention with those prices, $900 only for install of all that, seems really good i think.

Quick Reply: Install Prices for Various Mods, plus FREE CHOCOLATE