Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

JUST GOT MY CAR HOME (VMP FTW!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 09:40 PM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

Default JUST GOT MY CAR HOME (VMP FTW!!!)

i just picked up my car, VMP intake installed ( didnt know it need to use my stock MAFS) and omggggggggggggggggg the car is a effen beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheaps almost every gear!
pulls hard from down low, no lag, when it hits 3 grand its like a wholenother car!!!!!! i did a 80-100 pull aganinst my friends 98 gt and it chirped when i hit 100 going into 5th...i raped my buddys gt!!!! omg its so fast and mean! i love the way it changes gears at WOT , it bucks and feels like im banging through gears on a stick! the car is effen amazing! i cant imagine the 93 oct tune!! is there really a diff? like is it going to be even crazier with the 93 tune? i got a full tank of 83 in now so when im out im going to refill with 93 and load up the 93 tune! dude i was going to sell my car after i got it back from the bodyshop but after i tuned it i dont want anyother car!omg.itss soooooo fast now!! im definatly running low 14s!!!! no doubt! i dont even car, it feels insanly quick! it feels like a s197 stock gt minus some torque and a little power! its ****ing amazing..sorry about the language, omg om gomg,....can someone tell me if the 93 tune is even better? deatils , etc...VMP AND JUSTIN FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 09:41 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: JUST GOT MY CAR HOME (VMP FTW!!!)

you chirped in 5th @ 100 with a sixxer
Old 03-19-2008, 09:44 PM
laserred02
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

Yeah that seems a bit unlikely. However, I can say that my 93 octane performance tune makes the car scream, like it is a WHOLE different car. I would not compare it to an S197 GT though, I don't think it is nearly that fast but it does pull really hard. Congrats on the tune and try to breathe you seem as though you may be a bit over excited !
Old 03-19-2008, 09:45 PM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

i dont know if it was a chirp i cant remember all i know it bucks when it changes gears now its sick and it chirps 1,2 and 3 for sure! this is all new to me man! a whole new car! buttt i dont know what gear it was at 100 its automatic and i wasnt looking, im assuming 5th? hahah, dont hate! i wanna race a stock s197!!!!

Old 03-19-2008, 10:05 PM
Rhino77
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: laserred02

Yeah that seems a bit unlikely. However, I can say that my 93 octane performance tune makes the car scream, like it is a WHOLE different car. I would not compare it to an S197 GT though, I don't think it is nearly that fast but it does pull really hard. Congrats on the tune and try to breathe you seem as though you may be a bit over excited !
Actually it's not too hard to keep up with a GT. I've done so, very close, must have been a completely stock GT.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:10 PM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

it didnt chirp but when it went into 5th or whatever gear it went into, its such a violent gear change , it feels like a manual muscle car typical gear throw! it bucks, and feels sweett! did you try the 87 oct vmp tune or just the 93? i wanna know if theres really a difference before i do it. are the tunes diff ?? like i dont see how gas will change things, i guess if the 93oct tune has diff settings for diff gas there will be a differnece..can u explain the diff... i drove automatic s197 , like 5 of them, there fast and torky but my car feels faster! even my manual stock s197 owner friend..we will race soon..i know hes faster but dam id rather have my car anyday! i feel so lifted with this tune man! **** is amazing!!! i cant stop talkig or smiling!!! i feel like a gay kid at an all male summer camp! lol

Old 03-19-2008, 10:13 PM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

i beat older gts when i was stock! dude anyway fill me in with the diff with a 87 and 93 oct tune please!
ORIGINAL: opticalveracity

it didnt chirp but when it went into 5th or whatever gear it went into, its such a violent gear change , it feels like a manual muscle car typical gear throw! it bucks, and feels sweett! did you try the 87 oct vmp tune or just the 93? i wanna know if theres really a difference before i do it. are the tunes diff ?? like i dont see how gas will change things, i guess if the 93oct tune has diff settings for diff gas there will be a differnece..can u explain the diff... i drove automatic s197 , like 5 of them, there fast and torky but my car feels faster! even my manual stock s197 owner friend..we will race soon..i know hes faster but dam id rather have my car anyday! i feel so lifted with this tune man! **** is amazing!!! i cant stop talkig or smiling!!! i feel like a gay kid at an all male summer camp! lol

Old 03-19-2008, 10:18 PM
BlackStang08
1st Gear Member

OMG OMG OMG OMG Wooooooohoooo
Old 03-19-2008, 10:31 PM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

lol smartass, bring teh heat!! im teh fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ORIGINAL: BlackStang08

OMG OMG OMG OMG Wooooooohoooo
Old 03-19-2008, 10:38 PM
95cobby
2nd Gear Member

Wow did you drink like 5 Monster's or something?? Lol I know what ya mean with the shifts, I changed the Valve body in my Lightning and it chirped every gear, it puts the biggest smile on your face and its sooo much fun. I have a 5-speed so I wont know how it feels in ours car but I bet it sweet! O and yes I'm sure there will be a nice difference between 87 and the 93 tunes.

Quick Reply: JUST GOT MY CAR HOME (VMP FTW!!!)