Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New sixer in the Mist

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 03:41 PM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New sixer in the Mist

Nice Stang!.....Welcome to the forums.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:46 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

nice ride...i love that color it was my first choice but i couldnt find one with a black interior and a stick in los angeles...sooooo i went with my second choice...black.... you will really like it ....mine is a daily driver and i love my car..... i probably take care of it better than i have any other car i have owned...and i took care of those too if you know what i mean......

also ill warn you.... you will mod ... you will mod.... this forum will make you want things you never thought you would want.....

any plans for a first mod? show? go? there is so much more stuff i want... this is a good place to find out about all of them

welcome to the forums... and the mustang nation.....
Old 03-25-2008, 07:03 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

yeah ... as a non smoker who smoked for 10 years, i can comment on both sides of the issue. you cant smell it as much if you smoke, but if you dont smoke, you will always smell it. I try to never buy a car that has been smoked in, and I dont let anyone in my car or house that smokes....
Old 03-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Pony_car
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mustangs4U

I'm going to look into a few places that sell some power stuff to attack the smell versus covering it. Its not bad, so I'm not worry about it to much. Hey, Pony-car, I pretty much have the same car/color and everything. I love it. I'll post some pics here today some time.
Yeah, from the looks of the pictures, our cars do look like twins. I love everything about mine, especially the color. I get complimented on it all the time. Anyway, have fun with the car...
Old 03-25-2008, 08:45 PM
05nightrider
2nd Gear Member

welcome to the club! very true about modding... ive dropped prolly 4 grand already.. and im not even close to done... damn haha.. but its worth it... good luck and have fun.. just remember that the car is YOURS and you can get opinions and help here but in the end its whatever makes you happy
Old 03-25-2008, 08:49 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

+1 but not on the four grand thing...LOL
Old 03-25-2008, 09:13 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

I love that color. Looks good. Can't wait to see what you do to it.

Hope the smell goes away! Keep us updated.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:16 AM
Mustangs4U
3rd Gear Member

Thanks again to all for the welcome. I think the smell is gone, again mine was not that bad, and I think they did the job.

I think the first route for mods I'd like to go is the VMP tuners. Been reading about them on the forum and they seem great for stock and modded cars. I haven't looked everywhere but does anyone know if it would be worth the money to get one on a stock stang? How much hp gain was noticed? Also, if I do get one for my stock stang, how easy is it to make changes to the tune once more additions are added to the engine/exhaust?

I've got the bug already!!!!!!!!! There goes the savings!!!!!LOL
Old 03-26-2008, 07:50 AM
Slacker584
1st Gear Member

Hi and welcome to the forums.

If you do a search on CAI and tuners, you'll find out that the CAI and tune combo from one of the more recognized performance sites (Evolution, VMP, Brenspeed, Bamachips to name a few) make the biggest difference on your car. One of the most notable differences when adding the a CAI and tune is the increased throttle response...it just wakes up the car.

As far as hp gain is concerned, from what I've read on this site, depending on what tunes you get, a gain of 15-20 is the most realistic gain you can get from that.

Not sure about how easy it is to make changes to the tune once more additions are added. I just got a CAI and tuner package from Evolutionwhich is getting installed along with the FRPP duals, 3.73's, and a T-lok, so once that's all put in I'll have some dyno spec sheets out for everyone.

Good luck!