Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Does this work?: A trick to reduce throttle lag...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 02:23 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Does this work?: A trick to reduce throttle lag...

ORIGINAL: 05MustangSally

I doubt that really works and I'm not going to try it. After I got my C&L CAI and tuned the car, my throttle lag has reduced considerably!!!
Howis your gas mileage after your CAI/Tune? I've thought about getting one, but I'm hesitant if it produces less gas mileage.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:32 PM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

When I found this tip I was skeptical as well. As it was described to me, pressing the gas peddle down to the floor after your self-tests, without starting the car will put our cars ECU (car's computer) back into default throttle response mode....also....as it was described to me...your Throttle response will reset back to factory settings, and you cars computer will attempt to re-calibrate/adjust the settings for your throttle span. Your the car will assess your throttle usage over the course of the next few days, before it compensates and adjusts your throttle lag for best fuel effeciency, you will enjoy increased throttle response in the meantime.

I tried this "trick" before I got my CAI and tune////and AFTER as well.

Both times yeilded "feelable"--good results, especially in first and second gears. If you are N/A TRY IT. (I would be hesitant to mess with this trick if I was F/I) I agree it is a temporary fix,(but it is easily repeatable) because our cars revert back to "granny(fuel saver?) mode" after a few days of driving.

I have never had an engine fault code when I do this "trick" BTW.

I didn't post the original tip you read, but I learned it from that post.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:27 PM
Pony_car
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: musicheadt

When I found this tip I was skeptical as well. As it was described to me, pressing the gas peddle down to the floor after your self-tests, without starting the car will put our cars ECU (car's computer) back into default throttle response mode....also....as it was described to me...your Throttle response will reset back to factory settings, and you cars computer will attempt to re-calibrate/adjust the settings for your throttle span. Your the car will assess your throttle usage over the course of the next few days, before it compensates and adjusts your throttle lag for best fuel effeciency, you will enjoy increased throttle response in the meantime.

I tried this "trick" before I got my CAI and tune////and AFTER as well.

Both times yeilded "feelable"--good results, especially in first and second gears. If you are N/A TRY IT. (I would be hesitant to mess with this trick if I was F/I) I agree it is a temporary fix,(but it is easily repeatable) because our cars revert back to "granny(fuel saver?) mode" after a few days of driving.

I have never had an engine fault code when I do this "trick" BTW.

I didn't post the original tip you read, but I learned it from that post.

If you don't mind me asking, who exactly described to you mechanically what happens. Yours is the first somewhat technical explanation for what happens, so I'm just wondering where you got it from. Also, did the same person explain to you about the throttle re-calibrating back to stock? Thanks again...
Old 03-27-2008, 08:15 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

I doubt that really works and I'm not going to try it. After I got my C&L CAI and tuned the car, my throttle lag has reduced considerably!!!
Howis your gas mileage after your CAI/Tune? I've thought about getting one, but I'm hesitant if it produces less gas mileage.
It increased for me, but that is as long as you can keep your foot out of it. I gained about 2mpg for my work commute.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:02 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Ditto. I believe most have seen increased gas mileage rather than loss. I thinks it's only put me higher by about 1-3 but that's better than nothing

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

It increased for me, but that is as long as you can keep your foot out of it. I gained about 2mpg for my work commute.