Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone running cams or regrind?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 08:57 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Default Anyone running cams or regrind?

Just out of curriosity, how much HP did you gain, and how does the car now feel?
Old 03-27-2008, 12:01 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone running cams or regrind?

As far as I know, there haven't been aftermarket performance cams made for our sixers yet. Just the GT. It's got me bummed.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:33 PM
blackstang14
2nd Gear Member

supersixmotorsports has stage 2/2+ and stage 3 heads which require their reground cams.
there also is another company that posted less than 1 week ago on this site or the other that shall not be named. Do a search for head and cams and you will find it.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:06 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

There was a post on MC that Blowby Racing was doing heads and cams for the 4.0. There are 2 cars out there running SSM parts that I know of, Gash has the heads, and Armycook has thier heads and cams. Powerhouse used to do heads and cams, I used to have thiers on my 4.0 and Ranebowcyxx has thiers on his car. Ranebowcyxx just took his blower off the car to hunt for 12's NA. His car last week put down 270 all 4.0 motor with those heads and cams.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:49 AM
cam2904
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

There was a post on MC that Blowby Racing was doing heads and cams for the 4.0. There are 2 cars out there running SSM parts that I know of, Gash has the heads, and Armycook has thier heads and cams. Powerhouse used to do heads and cams, I used to have thiers on my 4.0 and Ranebowcyxx has thiers on his car. Ranebowcyxx just took his blower off the car to hunt for 12's NA. His car last week put down 270 all 4.0 motor with those heads and cams.
Damn that is good for NA. I am thinking about getting headers. Not sure if I want Longtube or shorties. Can either one be used if you eventauly go super or turbo?
Old 03-28-2008, 10:24 AM
skiba5546
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cam2904
Damn that is good for NA. I am thinking about getting headers. Not sure if I want Longtube or shorties. Can either one be used if you eventauly go super or turbo?
If you supercharge, it won't matter if you get headers, but if you go for a turbo, you'll probably need a set of turbo headers (Unless you drop in the STS turbo, then it dosen't matter).

I hear shorty headers aren't very good though....
Old 03-28-2008, 12:18 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

I'll have to check that out! I'm really interested in new heads and cams! How much? Im' afraid to ask lol. Thanks Rygen

Old 03-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

I'll have to check that out! I'm really interested in new heads and cams! How much? Im' afraid to ask lol. Thanks Rygen
Mike from PowerHouse has told me that the heads/cams are only for existing clients and not something he is going out of his way to market.
It doesn't hurt to call up there though and inquire.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:51 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Thanks Lance.

@All,

Noticed I said "used to do". Thought that was clear. My bad.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:53 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Oh, sorry. I missed that part. Nevermind then.

Thanks Lance.

@All,

Noticed I said "used to do". Thought that was clear. My bad.

Quick Reply: Anyone running cams or regrind?