Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How many miles in one tank?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: How many miles in one tank?

I just got back from taking a trip to Maryland to a place called Charlottet Hall Md from Marion Ohio I got 28mpg I filled up 1 time from a start in Ohio with a full tank when I got to a 1/4 tank I was in Md but not there yet. I filled back up and did the math 322miles devided by 11.5 gal thats 28mpg when I did arrived at the location I had 3/4s of a tank of gas. It looks like I got there on 1 tank of gas. If we have a 15 gal tank like someone said thats 420 miles on 1 tank of gas. I was very happy with that.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:12 AM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
Old 03-30-2008, 02:46 AM
ray_man87

I only get about 400Kms up in Canada on a full tank.
And thats 248 miles. 16.5 miles per galon.
I guess thats normal.
Its all city driving here in Vancouver, BC

Old 03-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Stangman106
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xyster

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
By the time i get to the center, ive already filled up twice....thats all i know..

Well...i have 17" Stock rims and tires...i have a K&N Drop in, and i have switched to the STOCK air filter (Both are clean) and the mileage isnt a difference at all...I drive at speed limit, and whenever i have to pass someone, i go on it a little, but the ONLY time i WOT, is in the highway to merge....jsut for kicks...and that is considering i barely go on Highway, only to see my fiancee...which, most of the time, she comes down, since she goes to school down here in miami...

This Monday after work i will go to another dealer, if still nothing...iono what to do, but at this pace, as much as i love my stang, i see me in a Mini hell even a YARIS =|...I got the money for the car and gas, thats the least of worry, but sheez, how nice would it be to have 50 bucks or even 100 more in the bank a MONTH...12 x 100=1200=Nice Vacation...So till my car is paid off...i pay 180 a month in gas (regular) ive spent 8.6K in GAS alone in 4 years....WTH =|
Old 03-30-2008, 10:28 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

A clogged fuel filtercould be to blame for poor mileage. Gas is so cruddy now, I change mine every 15K miles, and when I do the old one is hard to blow air through.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:31 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

I think my car tends to lie to me. When I fill up it'll say I have 320 miles (or a bit more in some cases) to empty. Then I drive the car about ten miles... just normal driving... and the next time I start the car it says I'll have 280 or so. I don't drive heavy most of the time, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

But yeah I love the information center that gives you the average MPG and speed and miles to empty, etc. I utilize it a lot and for accuracy always reset everything when I fill up the tank.

My car, and cars I've had in the past, have always seemed to run better with Shell gasoline, so that's my preference even if I don't always end up putting it in my car.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:18 PM
Moonbaby1973
2nd Gear Member

I usually get 300 out of a tank on daily driving / short commutes. I have pulled of nearly 400 from a tank on a highway trip.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:24 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Ok first we have a 16 gallon fuel tank, check the manual. I ALWAYS get at least 25 mpg but 90% is highway at 70mph (I live in AZ what can I say). So I SHOULD get 400 miles per full tank of gas (most I've gone before Ifilled up was 370). However if you look when you fill up your car it never shows you have 16 gallons when you're filled to the top. My guess would be there is a reserve tank for 1-2 gallons that isn't part of the calculations the computer makes. Hope this helps.

Tyler
Old 04-02-2008, 09:00 PM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

My stang has about 12,500 miles on it. I've noticed that I'm getting better gas mileage now than I used to. I didn't think it would take this many miles to "break in". I drive pretty conservatively but I'm in the camp of getting about 350-360 per tank. Andthat is either right before the gas light comes on or it just comes on before Ifill up.

I've gota stock engine, Pony Package(17" rims and wider tires)with aflowmaster muffler. Last fill up wasat 25.8 or 25.9. I do about 75% state route driving at @60mph. Throw in some passing too

I don't have the IUP so I do my calculations based on my trip odometer(which I religiously reset after each fill up)/ gallons filled. I've heard on here those computers don't calculate the mpg very accurately.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:42 PM
cvz_finezt
2nd Gear Member

damn y'all are getting chitty mileage. i get about 450-470 on a tank. and thts driving to elpaso at about 75mph with 87/86 octane. and i get about 320 in my day to day driving. so all in all i get 19-20 in the city and 28-30 on the innerstate. but change ur filters anf fluids regularly. i know i was getting some bad mileage for about a month and it was due to a dirty fuel filter. so PMCS ur cars and they will last forever.

Quick Reply: How many miles in one tank?