Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pony package...yea or nay ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 07:55 PM
zdad

Default Pony package...yea or nay ???

Still fussing over my new daily driver. I can get a new '07 with the Pony Pkg or without. Big price difference since the non-PP one comes without ABS too. I like the look of the fog lights in tgrille, but am I getting lost in that ?

What are your thoughts ?
Old 04-02-2008, 08:06 PM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Pony package...yea or nay ???

My opinion - Pony Package was the only way I was going to get my stang. But it only boils down to your opinion of what youwant.If you're going to do major mods there is no need to spend the extra money on the PP but if you're not going to do many mods then go with the PP. I love the grille too, it's retro
Old 04-02-2008, 08:27 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: red07Pony

My opinion - Pony Package was the only way I was going to get my stang. But it only boils down to your opinion of what youwant.If you're going to do major mods there is no need to spend the extra money on the PP but if you're not going to do many mods then go with the PP. I love the grille too, it's retro
What he said.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:33 PM
BobbyRay

I wanted the pony package, but none of the 'ford' dealerships offered them. All I wanted was the torq thrust look-a-like rims, gt looking spoiler and a hood scoop.
Individually:
Rims + tires = $600 (ebay)
hood scoop = 189.00 (cervini)
Spoiler = $88 (ebay)

So in the long run, I guess I was better off anyways
Old 04-02-2008, 08:43 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

It does make me sad to hear of people that buy PPs but then proceed to take the grill off. But Iagree that if you plan lots of mods (different wheels, different bumpers, etc) then buying the PP really makes no sense. You can take a regular V6 and just add a sway bar and pony emblems on the fenders, change out the wheels and tires and do whatever you have planned for the body like GT takeoffs or Roush/Saleen/whomever body kits.

Personally I love my PP though and wouldn't trade her for any other kind.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:55 PM
jakecat22
2nd Gear Member

I am gonna tell ya, when I went looking for my mustang, I haed 2 things I had to have, Legend Lime paint and a pony package. After searching, it was evident I wasn't gonna find a used one with both, so I settled for the Legend Lime w/o a pony package. I was upset, at first. But the longer I have it, the more I am glad I did not get the PP. I have found so many aftermarket grills I like better, and am gonna replace the rims eventually anyways. PP is personal preference, if you want it, get it, I wanted it, but couldn't find it!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:43 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Well let's see, the Pony Package included;
* p235/55/ZR17 A/S Tire
* White Tape Stripe
* Front Floor Mats Mustang Logo
* V6 Rear Decklid Spoiler (which is the same one used on the GT500KR)
* Pony Tape Stripe
* 17" Premium Painted Cast Alum
* Pony Center Caps
That's weird that the Sticker didn't list the fogs, Pony Emblemsor GT sway baras part of the PP even though we all know it came with it.

Other Options I got;
Interior Upgrade Package
V6 Leather Package
Sirius Sat. Radio
Old 04-02-2008, 10:11 PM
slingshot76

What the posts above don't mention is the rear anti-sway bar - the pony package has it. Otherwise you don't get one. I wish I had gotten the PP in retrospect. I think it comes down to 1) grill, 2) 17" wheels and 3) the rear sway bar.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:17 PM
NocturnalV6
2nd Gear Member

Too many mods on my list for the PP to have done me any good. For the money the dealership screws you on you may be better just to buy the reg and mod it PP specs for less. Down with the man!!! lol
Old 04-02-2008, 10:38 PM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

Well you can always get the dealership to slap on your rims of choice, any other mods, etc and just finance all of it. It's better than dishing out the $1,600 if that's all your interested in. It depends on what dealership. There is one in the SD area that offered me the GT with a new hood, chrome rims (bullits) and I think they had a front/rear bumper and side skirts available too for it that I could finance through them with the car.

I went with my pony package because of the pirelli tires, the nice silver rims and EVERYTHING else that came with it. It was an awesome package deal and beats trying to do it all later. If I want to upgrade something or change something later, atleast I have something great inthe meantime.

+2 for the Pony Package (my friend's vote too lmao).

Quick Reply: Pony package...yea or nay ???