Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Why is FRPP/Borla muffler so expensive???

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 11:56 PM
Pony_car
1st Gear Member

Default Why is FRPP/Borla muffler so expensive???

I've been doing quite a bit of research trying to decidewhich muffler to go with to replace my stock V6 one. I've heard good things about the single FRPP/Borla exhaust, but it seems it's also the most expensive, and by a pretty big chunk too. I've priced Flowmaster, MRTAeroTurbine, Bassani, and MAC, and allare much cheaper.

The going rate for FRPP/Borla seemsabout $350, whereas all the others I mentioned arecloser to$250, and some are even below $200. Is there a good reason for this, or are people paying simply for the "Ford Racing" name? I've heard nothing but good things about this muffler, and I'm seriously leaning towards buying it, but I just want to know why I'm gonna be paying more for it if I do. I've also heard good things about Flowmaster and MRT too, so trying to figure out why FRPP/Borla is more expensive really does influence my decision. Maybe I'm just being too cheap here, but if I can get a nice sounding, better flowing muffler for under $200 instead of $350, I don't see why I should pay more for a comprable product. Check out this page for price comparisons:
http://www.ninosport.com/Mustang/200...e-Exit-Exhaust
Old 04-06-2008, 01:01 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Why is FRPP/Borla muffler so expensive???

Borla is fully chromed and therefore stays cleaner vs others beng polished with the tip chromed. Also its arbitrarily expensive but only slightly for what it is.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:26 AM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Why not just get duels installed for that price and go with GT take offs. You'll probably still even have some money left over?
Old 04-06-2008, 10:27 AM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StreamlineStang

Why not just get duels installed for that price and go with GT take offs. You'll probably still even have some money left over?
If you get duals don't you have to replace the whole rear bumper? or are there some duals that fit with the stock V6 bumper?
Old 04-06-2008, 11:11 AM
SirDrake

You would have to cut the stock V6 bumper to fit the driver side muffler.
The Ford Racing dual exhaust kit comes with a template for cutting the stock bumper and exhaust shields for the cut out.
FRPP Kit

Old 04-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Favre4TD
2nd Gear Member

because its way better
Old 04-06-2008, 11:35 AM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

i have the ford racing axle back and although it sounds great, looks great, i get a lot of compliments, and i only payed 215 for it, i would rather have duals. I just think dual exhaust looks better on a mustang.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Pony_car
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: oshkoshbajawsh

i have the ford racing axle back and although it sounds great, looks great, i get a lot of compliments, and i only payed 215 for it, i would rather have duals. I just think dual exhaust looks better on a mustang.
If you don't mind me asking, where did you find it for $215? Thanks.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

don't leave out JBA. personally, i would rather go with GT-takeoff dual setup for that price. you can easily paint the muffs yourself (silver, black) and get chrome tips welded on. i don't doubt that the FRPP is a good muff but it is much too pricey compared to other good muffs out there. JMO.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: oshkoshbajawsh

ive got the borla and im in the same boat. looks/ sounds great, lots of compliments, only paid 80 for it, but i still want duals.

i may go with the dual borlas for the v6 now that they are availible and when im not dirt friggin poor.

Quick Reply: Why is FRPP/Borla muffler so expensive???