Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Trying to clarify the difference between FRPP and Borla muffler...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 01:33 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Default RE: Trying to clarify the difference between FRPP and Borla muffler...

ORIGINAL: Devil Wolf

borla has a 4" tip, FFRP has a 3.5" tip. tips are stamped for the respective brands. other than that no difference. ive heard an FFRP in person and it sounds exactly like my borla (i cant tell the difference at least).

i love my borla and the sound & 4" tip is perfect IMHO.

Mike
My FRPP mufflers have 4" tips... I have the V6 kit GTA's
Old 04-07-2008, 01:37 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: NocturnalV6

I too think we need new clips, because the Borla dual just sounds better to me on youtube, but it FRPP is in fact the exact same sound then I am not opposed to saving $600
Keep in mind it depends on camera too. My video camera has terrible sound quality.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:53 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

borla has a 4" tip, FFRP has a 3.5" tip. tips are stamped for the respective brands. other than that no difference. ive heard an FFRP in person and it sounds exactly like my borla (i cant tell the difference at least).

Mike
Like ODDY said, FRPP mufflers have 4" tips aswell.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9910

Second bullet down.

I will never get tired of mine!
Old 04-07-2008, 06:24 PM
themac5150
3rd Gear Member

Mike
My FRPP/Borla has a 4" tip.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:46 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Again, let's not forget that the FRPP muffler in question is NOT the GTA. I think some of you are confused that the FRPP muffler that the OP was referring to was the GTA. It isn't. Borla makes their own muffler in which they also supply to Ford... it's the same thing with just a different name on it. The GTAs are a Ford product that Ford includes on the Shelby GT and the V6 Performance Package (or by istelf if you order it that way).
Old 04-08-2008, 05:47 PM
themac5150
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VictoriaRR

Again, let's not forget that the FRPP muffler in question is NOT the GTA. I think some of you are confused that the FRPP muffler that the OP was referring to was the GTA. It isn't. Borla makes their own muffler in which they also supply to Ford... it's the same thing with just a different name on it. The GTAs are a Ford product that Ford includes on the Shelby GT and the V6 Performance Package (or by istelf if you order it that way).
Well I'm referring to the FordRacingV6 single axle back muffler I have in the garage next to the Flowmaster AmericanThunder single axle back. I tried the AT first and hated it on the highway. Then I got the FRPP/Borlasingle axle back. That axle back is embossed on the"Ford Racing" on the tip and the top and bottom of the muffler, and I measured the tip, it's 4".I liked the FRPP/Borla,but I wentwith theFRPP duals kit later. The duals kit comes with the GTAs, which are an entirely different muffler,and are quieter than the FRPP single axle back. People always ask what I've done to the car because "it doesn't sound like a V6" with the duals and headers on.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Pony_car
1st Gear Member

Once again, thanks for your clarity regarding the OP... It's much appreciated in the confusing world of V6 mufflers.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:31 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pony_car

Once again, thanks for your clarity regarding the OP... It's much appreciated in the confusing world of V6 mufflers.
Haha, your welcome. It's not too confusing for me... it's just that some brands make multiple mufflers and some brands make mufflers for other brands, and I can see where that can confuse some people.

Oh, and have you decided on which muffler you want yet?
Old 04-08-2008, 06:35 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

I just installed the FRPP V6 dual exhaust kit(and 8.8w/3.55s). Its fairly simple to install,just take your time measuring the Y-pipe cuts for the X pipe and the rear bumper cut outs. The car sounds great and there is NO DRONE at highway speeds. At idle the car is almost mellow until you blip the throttle then it has a nice throaty sound. Under acceleration it just sound good! I am very satisfied. I got it from CJponyparts when they had a 10% off sale,+$30.00 shipping. Total=$570.00.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Pony_car
1st Gear Member

Oh, and have you decided on which muffler you want yet?
No, but I'm sure sometime before 2009 I'll have a new muffler...

Quick Reply: Trying to clarify the difference between FRPP and Borla muffler...