Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need HELP before its too late!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Maverickaf17
3rd Gear Member

Default Need HELP before its too late!

So, I gave up on trying to sell my rims/tires, so I got them installed into my car. But man! What a difference over the stock V6 rims! Chrome definately makes a car look considerably different.

But here is the problem...

I ordered my rims/tires from americanmuscle.com and had them do the balance and mount for free. All four rims/tires came in four boxes, they said all I had to do was put them on and I was good to go. But I'm lazy, so I took them to Tire Kingdom and paid $20 to have them put it on for me. Thirty minutes later, my 05 black mustang has an incredible set of s-style 18x9 front and 18x10 back with 255/45 nitto555 front and 285/40 nitto555 back. Awesome.

Then my brother said to drive with him standing behind the car, he was skeptical that the tires were too big. They aren't, but the thing is, the driver side rear tire sticks out slightly more than the passenger side rear tire. And my brother says it has a slight wobble to it. My friend looked at it from behind too but didn't notice any wobble.

So I looked at it from behind. I don't really notice a wobble, but I DO notice that the driver side rear tire sticks out a bit more than the passenger side rear tire. I took it back to Tire Kingdom, but they said they put them on, all the bolts/nuts are on tightly, and thats it. He even tried shaking the tire and **** for some reason to show me how good they were put onto the car.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? I did have a Ford Racing T-lok installedfor my V6. Would that make any difference? Otherwise, my car is stock in that department. I need to know if I should get it checked out or if I am freaking out about nothing.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:13 PM
blike
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Need HELP before its too late!

I don't know what would be causing that, but an adj. panhard rod would fix it
Old 04-09-2008, 11:17 PM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

you probably got wheels with different offsets. as long as you didnt lower the car you wont need a new panhard rod. have tire kingdom check the wheels to make sure theyre the same. have them look at them on the car. you might need a spacer or a refund.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Maverickaf17
3rd Gear Member

How do you know that would fix it if you don't know the problem? What does it do?
Old 04-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Maverickaf17
3rd Gear Member

I am so GOD DAMN PISSED OFF right now. Not only at myself but at ****ing americanmuscle.com

On my invoice, it SHOWS I ordered NITTO Extreme Performance NT555 Tire (255/45-18) x2 and NITTO Extreme Performance NT555 (275/40-18).

So, I went outside just a moment ago to check my tires. Because I looked at website again and noticed different numbers....

And guess ****ing what? They sent me (265/35-18) x2 for the front and (285/35-18) x2 for the back. How did they manage to fit them on the rims I ordered? Not sure. But I just found out, because I was so stupid and anxious and trusting to the website, they I didn't realize the different tire sizes.

So now, I have to call them tomorrow so see what I can do. They will probably say, "It's on your car now, not our problem." And if they say anything like that, I'm never ordering from them ever again. God, I just hope these tire sizes will not **** up my car or rims or anything....

This mustang is stressful....
Old 04-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Maverickaf17
3rd Gear Member

I'll still take anyones input on my situation...
Old 04-10-2008, 04:15 AM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

Whup some ***!
Old 04-10-2008, 08:20 AM
Maverickaf17
3rd Gear Member

That is not helpful input...
Old 04-10-2008, 08:42 AM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

Well, they sent you wider tires than what you specified-- which I don't consider a horrible mistake, because to me at least, wide tires look good. The sidewall is probably shorter though, and that means that your car needs lowering springs to eliminate the large fender gap that becomes more apparent when you run a shorter sidewall tire. The wider tires fit on your rims just fine. I have a 295 width tire on a 10" rim.

What about the whole one tire sticking out more than the other thing?? My first thought was that your rear rims are not the same offset.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:49 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: AmericanICON
What about the whole one tire sticking out more than the other thing?? My first thought was that your rear rims are not the same offset.
I agree. You should remove each tire and check the offset. If you are unsure how to do this, lay the wheel on the ground with the outer edge to the floor. Lay a broom handle or other rigid object across the tire, and measure the distance from that edge to the flat surface of the wheel where it bolts to the hub. Both wheels should be the same. If they measure the same, then the problem is withyour car. If they are different offset, then you need to let AM know.

Quick Reply: Need HELP before its too late!