Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dual Exhaust Installed*UPDATED W SOUND CLIP*

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Dual Exhaust Installed(w/pics)

want me to post a clip of the single gt take off on idle and different RPM zones?
Old 04-15-2008, 10:27 PM
jakecat22
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: phunnyguy

looks good.... but one request...even though im not in the market for this...i am a member and enthusiast of and for the 4.0 community...so that said....

it seems a lot of peeps are dooing this mod...gt exhaust....but the one thing im dying for is to hear it.....i really wanna know how it sounds....while i like my flows, im in to the different tones of all the different cars, i know im a dork, but it keeps me out of trouble....so ...i repsectfully request as a former ohioan to another ohioan...please post some sound....

thanks and looks great! gonna doa gt backbumper? if you dont have your rockers painted yet do that 1st ....then do the gt bumper it will tie it in nice..if you already have them painted...then its back to the 1st question...i did my rockers...no gt bumper and i think im painting the mirrors next. there is a guy here in l.a. and on the forums, who has a legend lime and he painted the mirrors and it looks great...i have seen this a little more recently too..and it really looks good, with painted rockers etc......
I will try to get a sound clip up tomorrow.

Like I said above I like the sound, I just wish they were a tad louder, but I think they sound good. I am not going for wake the dead loud anyways.

As far as bumper and rockers, I have no plans for those right now. I am still trying to decide which direction to go with my mods, so the only mods I am doing now are ones I know I want and will keep. I have louvers on order, and the next mod will be a CAI and tune. Also planning a t-lok in the future.

It may sound silly, but my wife of all people has really gotten into picking out mods for the car. At first she wasn't into it, but I caught her searching through my bookmarks looking at different grills, LOL, so she admitted she wants some input. We haven't decided what direction to go as far as the look of the car yet.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:42 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I have the FRPP GTAs...
They sound great on the sixers.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:56 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Avalanch3

want me to post a clip of the single gt take off on idle and different RPM zones?
sure...i like hearing the differences in all the sixers....not just gts....lol ....i like single and dual....i was gonna do a single but no one had any clips or anything at the time...i have heard only or two in person and the one i remeber was a flowmaster....it sounded great looked nice...and the car had a nice performance gain...according to the owner...and i saw it move out....soooo yeah hit us up with some aftermarket singles....im interested...i get asked a lot of exhaust questions outside of here...and while i like my magnaflows, i try to give people a good amount of information on what i have seen and heard in terms of other options....thanks!
Old 04-15-2008, 10:58 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

looks great! Can't wait to get my FRPP duals on myself
Old 04-15-2008, 11:10 PM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

Looks great! Congrats!
Old 04-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

why the x-pipe and not the h....your car doesnt make enough power to utilize the extra flow from the x...it's just losing power
Old 04-16-2008, 02:02 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Is it me or does the left one look a little off? Like its leaning or something..... Looks awesome tho, I love the rumble of the GT-Takeoff, I could only imagine what a dual set-up sounds like
Old 04-16-2008, 03:57 PM
kdrshocker
2nd Gear Member

yea, that's the first thing i noticed... might want to get a buddy and twist that left muffler around so it isn't at a 30 degree angle facing up... just a thought.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

Good deal Jakecat22 bumper cut came out good glad you got-er-done Glad the wife is got the mod bug makes life funner so take her out to dinner. If you ever see my Yellow Stang in your area pull me over. +1 on the duals

That Sound GOOD

Quick Reply: Dual Exhaust Installed*UPDATED W SOUND CLIP*