Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mamba for the vette

Old 04-16-2008, 12:08 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Default Mamba for the vette

Ok I am pretty set on getting a c6 vette. I test drove one on the track and I love it, they are just sexy to me. And the insurance on them is not as much as I thought it would be. So I have decided if I can sell my car for a decent price I will buy the vette. So does anyone think that I could sell it for 23,000? More or less? Is anyone here interested in taking it off my hands for a good price? I dunno I just have always wanted a corvette, I might as well get one while I am still young and have no responsibilites!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 12:12 PM
ricekiller06
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mamba for the vette

what year vette?
cause if i were you i would to try and pull for a Z06, they haul ***.
there was an 02 Z06 Twin Turbo at the race track one time and ran a 10.73 holy ****!
it only had MT street tires not even the drag radial

try for a Z06 you wont regret
Old 04-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

23 seems high even though i'm sure the features you got may be worth it. 19k seems more enticing.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:18 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

I'd say try and find someone that would appreciate the mods and try and get what you want for it.

I'd go with the C6 vette too, thats my first automotive purchase after college because like you said, get it while you're young when you have no responsibilities!
Old 04-16-2008, 12:21 PM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

like i said u can "PROBABLY" push high on ebay, but realistically i might be really interested for around 18-20k... my cousin is trying to get a stage 2 roush but if that doesnt work out then he might be very interested in urs
Old 04-16-2008, 12:28 PM
jrhykushi
4th Gear Member

well, your car is modded, so instead, that might decrease the value.

im think 23 is way too high, as someone can get a used GT for less than that
Old 04-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

That would be awesome!!! Do you know how long that aution is for the stage 2?
Old 04-16-2008, 12:56 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

There are several things that could help you get top dollar for your modded car.

You should provide a detailed list of all of of your modifications, which includes the date they were installed, and whether or not they were professionally installed. If they were, provide reciepts.

You should also show some dyno results to justify the modifications. Any awards that you and your car have recieved would he helpful too.

The two big negatives in selling a modded car is number one, your style-mods may not appeal to many people, and two, people think if a car has performance mods, it was beaten on.

While styling can't always be reversed, reciepts showing professional installation of performance mods, and dyno results would indicate that the owner was more serious with the car.

In my city, there is a car broker who deals in hard to find, or modded cars. Basically if you called the guy and said, "I want a 1970 Camaro." This broker would find it. (Classic Auto, Omaha, NE)

Maybe there's a dealer like that near you, and could sell in on consignment for you. Otherwise.. ebay or AutoTrader..

Good luck!
Old 04-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Slacker584
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jrhykushi

well, your car is modded, so instead, that might decrease the value.

im think 23 is way too high, as someone can get a used GT for less than that
+1

People may prefer a clean GT over a modded V6 and they can get the GT for less money.

I know from trying to sell a 95 Z28 that I used to have, some people are hesitant to drop down any money for a car with serious mods done - they may think it was abused at the track or street racing. The Z28 had Flowmasters, a Ford 9-inch rear with 4:11.1 gears, Moroso CAI, Spec Stage 3 Racing clutch, and other stuff. It eventually sold (God bless eBay), but someone cancelled a bid on the last day and I would have felt pretty irritated without the auction going through.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Sometimes I wish I should have gone to Ford and took the 27k they offered me so I would then buy a shelby. Then I could have sold the shelby for a vette!!! But I think that would be a whole lot of hassle too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mamba for the vette