Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

are these ford or motive gears?? cuz this is bulls%!$

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 02:05 AM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: are these ford or motive gears????

ORIGINAL: tamazulense

why u have to laugh vtmustangs. u to good for this type of sht or what.
Chill out man I feel for ya but no need biting my head off you could have just put the pictures in the other thread though no need to make another thread especially when the other one is still active
Old 04-23-2008, 02:26 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

see what rpmoutlet has done? its trying to turn mustangforum members against eachother. lol [8D]
Old 04-23-2008, 02:29 AM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

^^^ LOL

[sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_guiness.gif][sm=massbounce.gif][sm=partyparty.gif]
Old 04-23-2008, 08:32 AM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

see what rpmoutlet has done? its trying to turn mustangforum members against eachother. lol [8D]
haha good stuff
Old 04-23-2008, 08:48 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: howarmat

you do realize motive makes some FRPP gears.....they are in FRPP boxes and everything
Thank you! I kept reading post after post and saying to myself "why hasn't somebody posted that ALOT of the FRPP gears are manufactured by Motive?". Just cuz you buy a FRPP product doesn't mean it's made by Ford. And I think Ford STILL gets them from Motive.

To the OP, sorry the gears were not what you expected. IMO though, the installation of gears has more impact on whether or not they'll whine, regardless of manufacturer (other than Richmond).
Old 04-23-2008, 09:01 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: 28HopUp

you do realize motive makes some FRPP gears.....they are in FRPP boxes and everything
Thank you! I kept reading post after post and saying to myself "why hasn't somebody posted that ALOT of the FRPP gears are manufactured by Motive?". Just cuz you buy a FRPP product doesn't mean it's made by Ford. And I think Ford STILL gets them from Motive.

To the OP, sorry the gears were not what you expected. IMO though, the installation of gears has more impact on whether or not they'll whine, regardless of manufacturer (other than Richmond).
I was about to post it, then I got to page 2
Old 04-23-2008, 10:20 AM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

he knows that now but it doesnt change the fact that they will most likely whine bad. i'm sure thats why FRPP stopped outsourcing the gear manufacturing through Motive way back when.
you guys really need to stop bad mouthing motive cause your dealers couldnt install them right.... everyone i know has motives, i had em in my old camaro, i had em in the front and rear of my toyota, and i have a set for my mustang, there helical cut gears they dont whine if your installer is smarter then a monkey

OP if you paid for ford gears i would just ask them for the differeance refunded and have a reputalbe tranny/rear end shop do the install for you... there should be no problems
Old 04-23-2008, 11:59 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

i agree....its not motive are bad, its in the install.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:15 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

no bad mouthing. just giving the message from the shop that did mine. and yes, they are a VERY reputable shop. the fact is, ALMOST every motive owner says they whine. maybe the case is different on other cars but it seems to be a problem with ours. I buy "AMERICAN MADE" products whenever i can anyways and from what i understand, Motives are made in Italy. No offense to the Italianos but i'm trying to help out fellow americans.....[8D]
Old 04-24-2008, 07:29 AM
themac5150
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 28HopUp

I did in the other THREE threads he started. No one wants to accept it. I don't know what the obsession the OP has over having "Ford" stamped all over the d**n things is all about. Lots have offered their advise, experiences, and gave him links to what he wanted. He blazed his own trail. I don't have aftermarket gears installed,not going to do it. I think the stock's ratiois just right, and I'm not going to be pulling stumps with the mustang. I agree that the issues with the motives may have been more of an installation issue, blueprinting isn't easy. It is an art, and breaking them in correctly is just as important as the installation.

Quick Reply: are these ford or motive gears?? cuz this is bulls%!$