Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Exhaust suggestions needed. :-)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 07:50 AM
Bobs07Pony

Default RE: Exhaust suggestions needed. :-)

Well I agree that there are lots of posts about exhaust, but it does help with making that decision! I have heard a lot about the FRPP exhaust and will agree that it does sound good, but it costs a arm and a leg for an exhaust that you stilll have to do the labor on. I think the Flowmaster exhaust is good and for my money I would put on the Super 44's. Nothing wrong with the series 40's but I think the Super 44's sound better and right now you can buy them cheaper through Flowmaster.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:24 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I am going to create a template where I can just cut and paste the reply.

Check this thread for information on the FRPP V6 dual exhaust kit. Good quality, sounds awesome, you will love it.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:45 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

I appreciate everyone's suggestions, feed back and etc. Also, great ideaon including a link to a video clip of your exhaust for me to hear. ;-)

If anyone else is able to make a sound clip or videoof your exhaust, please do so and I will compare.

Thanks again everyone!

Old 04-24-2008, 12:39 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

I do have a question, for those of you who stated to go w/ the FRPP set up, is there any HP gain or loss?

I read a couple ofdescriptions on a couple different websites and for the FRPP and it states if you want a deep throatier exhaust sound that looks great. However, it did not mention anything about horse power gain.

Just curious.......
Old 04-24-2008, 01:34 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Most dual exhausts on V6's are minimal HP gain, the bst HP gain seems to come from using an x-pipe which the FRPP comes with.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:00 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Minimal HP gain....meaning 2-3 HP?

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

Most dual exhausts on V6's are minimal HP gain, the bst HP gain seems to come from using an x-pipe which the FRPP comes with.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:00 PM
Tubra
2nd Gear Member

FRPP Duals ALL THE WAY, you WON'T REGRET IT.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:04 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kevinmalec

I appreciate everyone's suggestions, feed back and etc. Also, great ideaon including a link to a video clip of your exhaust for me to hear. ;-)

If anyone else is able to make a sound clip or videoof your exhaust, please do so and I will compare.

Thanks again everyone!

my magnaflow video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW-iFzCYzIY

also after talking to some x pipe owners i dont think gas mileage is lost with an x pipe like i say in the vid.....i will say mine improved with the y .....

marginal at best in the city...but noticeable on the highway..... they are a cat back system...and they are the magnaflow glasspacks....they also make one with mufflers for 6's both sound good as i have heard both....but i think the glasspacks are slightly deeper sounding.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:41 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

Phunnyguy that was an excellent video! Good info. I have two questions: The H-Pipes catbacks from what I read gives you that muscle car, V8 sound, but you lose torque and mileage. How much significant loss will it be? Also, I love your Magnaflows! I'm planning on getting a TurboHouse turbo, and from what Faszm says, I have to run my original Y-Pipe and do a dual conversion there. But I want to do H-Pipe with Cervinis sideskirt/exhaust. Will that be possible?
Old 04-24-2008, 11:45 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mr.Bape

Phunnyguy that was an excellent video! Good info. I have two questions: The H-Pipes catbacks from what I read gives you that muscle car, V8 sound, but you lose torque and mileage. How much significant loss will it be? Also, I love your Magnaflows! I'm planning on getting a TurboHouse turbo, and from what Faszm says, I have to run my original Y-Pipe and do a dual conversion there. But I want to do H-Pipe with Cervinis sideskirt/exhaust. Will that be possible?
The torque loss I will agree with, although it is very minor.

The mileage loss is the opposite though. While I had my Stingers (flow-through style muffs) and H-pipe, I noticed my mileage increased a bit, likely due to there being less back-pressure to restrict the car. Of course it sounds so awesome that you want to walk on it all the time, but if you drive nicely, the H pipe improves gas mileage over the stock Y. I didn't have the H pipe on long enough to come to any conclusive measure of how much mileage you gain, but I would guess probably 1-3 mpg.

Quick Reply: Exhaust suggestions needed. :-)