Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

non ricey single exaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 11:17 AM
ptkthekid
3rd Gear Member

Default non ricey single exaust

I am looking to replace the axle back exaust on my 05 v6 manual mustang. I'm not really worried that much about HP gains or performance. My main concern is the sound of the exhaust. I have noticed that some of the axle back exhaust systems (or any system for that matter) can sound a bit ricey. So my question is this: Which axle back exhaust for a single stock v6 sounds the least ricey. I am hoping for a deep, loud rumbly type exhaust. Any links to sound clips would be nice as well. Thanx in advance
Old 04-26-2008, 11:29 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Default RE: non ricey single exaust

Get a Borla, FRPP or a GT take-off depending on how much you have to spend.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:35 AM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 157db

Get a Borla, FRPP or a GT take-off depending on how much you have to spend.
Borla's are pretty quiet. If you want a good, throaty muscle sound on a single exhaust go with the MRT AeroTurbine Axle Back.

Search on youtube for some sound clips. Heres a link where you can find it - http://mrt-direct.com/v3/Exhaust%202005+/2005.php

Old 04-26-2008, 11:37 AM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

uhh the aero turbine mrt things i have heard sound pretty ricey at higher rpms if you ask me.. id go with the ford racing/borla
Old 04-26-2008, 12:07 PM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: siberian.mist

uhh the aero turbine mrt things i have heard sound pretty ricey at higher rpms if you ask me.. id go with the ford racing/borla
Eh well I've heard they're good but who knows, neither of us have one. I would just go with dual FRPP, because you will definitely wish you got duals later down the road if you just get a single.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:39 PM
NeoAnderson48

The Borlas are quiet if you don't want that. I have the MRT Aeroturbine; I'm really happy with it, but any single exhaust is going to sound a little ricey. The MRT is probably the least sounding rice, but if you just really want to avoid the rice sound, dual FRPPs are all I know of.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:46 PM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AMoRT

ORIGINAL: siberian.mist

Eh well I've heard they're good but who knows, neither of us have one. I would just go with dual FRPP, because you will definitely wish you got duals later down the road if you just get a single.
-Guy down the block from me has the single aero turbine, I really don't like how it sounds

-True to the duals, I wish I got duals. There is no driver side axle back that matches the one I have exactly or I would have gotten it by now.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:10 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

I had a single Flowmaster AT for quite a while. Nice deep aggressive sound, and definitely turned some heads whenever I stomped on it.

They're not too expensive (paid about $200), nice rolled chrome tip, excellent sound for a single. I'd recommend it.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:39 PM
CommanderCOOL
2nd Gear Member

i have a GT take off and honestly, i am really happy with it. I got both mufflers for only $50(new) even though i only installed one. The sound is Great! deep, throaty, muscle-car-like when you step on it but quiet enough to not disturb the neighbor-inos! lol I even noticed a tiny boost in acceleration which was nice!
good luck with you decision!
-Erik
Old 04-26-2008, 03:51 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CommanderCOOL

i have a GT take off and honestly, i am really happy with it. I got both mufflers for only $50(new) even though i only installed one. The sound is Great! deep, throaty, muscle-car-like when you step on it but quiet enough to not disturb the neighbor-inos! lol I even noticed a tiny boost in acceleration which was nice!
good luck with you decision!
-Erik
+1 GT takeoffs are the cheapest way to get better sound in an exhaust set-up, going duals is a cinch and would only add to the great sound you get from a Takeoff.

Quick Reply: non ricey single exaust