Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mustang V6 vs. Challenger SE

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 10:56 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang V6 vs. Challenger SE

ORIGINAL: 2007Grabber

All this talk about the Trans Am and Firebird reminded me of a pic I have been holding on to for a long time wondering where and when it will be put to use. For all of us Smokey and the Bandit fans, I give you the new version:

I would love to see a remake of the movie with some new cars in it including the one pictured above and maybe some Chargers as police cars. The ultimate cast would be Jessica Alba as Carrie(could you imagine seeeing her change out of a wedding dress in the back seat?), Larry the Cable Guy as Cledus(who else would fit?), Burt Reynolds switching roles and playing Sheriff Buford T Justice(why not?), and Mathew McConaughey as the Bandit (he's got the distinct laugh and accent that the Bandit had in the original). C'mon hollywood get busy!
Yeah I saw that picture a few years ago and showed it to a friend of mine. He got very excited hoping they would build it. He owns a 1978 Trans Am like the one in the movies.
If you notice the front where the lights are and the side with the humpare very similar to the new Camaro concept.

I wished they would build this!
Old 05-04-2008, 11:13 AM
05nightrider
2nd Gear Member

that looks really close to the camaro... i think someone just changed some small details..
Old 05-04-2008, 01:36 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

All this talk about the Trans Am and Firebird reminded me of a pic I have been holding on to for a long time wondering where and when it will be put to use. For all of us Smokey and the Bandit fans, I give you the new version:

I would love to see a remake of the movie with some new cars in it including the one pictured above and maybe some Chargers as police cars. The ultimate cast would be Jessica Alba as Carrie(could you imagine seeeing her change out of a wedding dress in the back seat?), Larry the Cable Guy as Cledus(who else would fit?), Burt Reynolds switching roles and playing Sheriff Buford T Justice(why not?), and Mathew McConaughey as the Bandit (he's got the distinct laugh and accent that the Bandit had in the original). C'mon hollywood get busy!
Here's the Camaro Concept.....I do like the Trans Am...

Old 05-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Elwood
2nd Gear Member

hmm, I think the camaro's design works better on the trans am. I mean the front grill looks exactly like the ones from the mid-late 70's in that picture.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:30 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Seriously I would love to see that movie with that cast. It would be perfect! Total blockbuster

And I love the car.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Wishbone
2nd Gear Member

The Challenger is getting tons of press! Every where I look its on the front cover or being talked about. I understand the Mustang falling by the way side because it's dominated for so long. However, you wouldn't even know the Camaro was coming back!
Old 05-11-2008, 04:56 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!! jk, i can't say that, cuz i have a stang too...love em both for dif reasons...stang for reliability, it's new, easy on gas, etc. plymouth cuz it's just all muscle, loud, no creature comforts at all, and gets attention all the time (i'm sure they're lookin and thinkin, "what is that idiot doin burnin 4$ a gallon gas like that)

chevy will find a way to mess up the camaro - they mess up everythng else[8D]pry the best thing they've got goin for em now IMO is the HHR panel (no windows on the sides)...lacks in power and overall style, but looks pretty good