Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need help with CAI install

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Celil

Default Need help with CAI install

I ordered a C&L intake with tune. Instead of paying a mechanic, I was wondering if I could install it myself.Does anyone know a good site or Vid that shows step by step instructions on how to install the intake? Greatly appreciated.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:52 PM
addison85
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Need help with CAI install

Definitely install it yourself. I never touched a car before and did it in about 1 hour. Look on this site or just google for instructions. Very straightforward and easy.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Celil

I tried searching but never really found any clear intructions. Would be nice if someone knew a nice site for intructions, if not I guess I can just try to figure it out
Old 04-30-2008, 10:21 PM
loaded6shooter
2nd Gear Member

i did mine in like 20 minutes lol....just start unbolting stuff

the C&L should come with instructions
Old 04-30-2008, 10:34 PM
addison85
2nd Gear Member

Don't play around too much lol. Just use the instructions they gave you.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:03 PM
Silver Vert 06
2nd Gear Member

Install it yourself, its really easy. The install took me 15-20 minutes. Read the directions that come in the box with your C&L they are pretty straight forward. Installing the tune is also easy. Just plug the tuner in while the car is turned off, go to the screen that lets you choose which tune you want, and follow whatever directions come up on screen. One thing you should do is read your cars strategy code with the tuner and then write it down somewhere. This is in case you ever take your car to the dealership and they reflash the pcm. If the strategy code does not match after your car has been serviced, do not re-install your tune because the car will not start. Contact the tune shop and give them the new strategy code so they can revise your tunes.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Celil

Thanks silverVert. Soto findthe strategy code, all you do is plug in the tuner and it should give me the strategy code? And then if i decide to go get something done at the dealership, i can plug it in again to see if its the same strategy code and if its not, don't tune it, correct?
Old 05-01-2008, 09:04 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

TACO FTW
https://mustangforums.com/m_3076597/tm.htm
https://mustangforums.com/m_2230983/tm.htm
Old 05-01-2008, 09:03 PM
optras
2nd Gear Member

You unplug the MAF sensor, take off the stock air hose from the throttle body (two bolts), unbolt the stock box that holds the filter (one bolt), pull the whole thing out, push the new intake pipe into the throttle body and tighten with a screwdriver, connect the piece that attaches to the filter, bolt in the new shroud (plastic cover) in place of where the old box was bolted in, connect the filter, check that everything's tight and you're done. And it should come with instructions, anyway.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Favre4TD
2nd Gear Member

If you can run a screwdriver, a socket wrench and ever played with lego you will be fine.

Quick Reply: Need help with CAI install