Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FRPP all the way around....

Old 05-02-2008, 05:26 PM
themac5150
3rd Gear Member

Default FRPP all the way around....

Well I just installed the FRPP handling pack shocks, struts, springs and strut tower brace. I already had the sways, so now it's the complete set.No one had the FRPP CAI kit, so I also got it and installed it along with the FR tune. It feels very comparable to my Bama 93 perf tune so I'm happy. I worked graveyard shift the last couple of weeks, and I haven't slept yet, so no pics until later. The install was pretty smooth,took me about 4 hours working cautiously. The intake itself,took about 10 minutes. One note about the FR pro-cal... compared to the xcal, it takes forever to load. No wonder the instructions recommend hooking up to a battery chargerbefore starting the tune upload. The intake and suspension stuff got here on Tuesday, I registered for the procal that evening and it got here Thursday. Ford Racing over-nighted it, which was cool.
I really didn't want to lower the car, but I figured what the heck, the springs were only $159. If I have issues, I'll put the stock springs back on. FR site says it only lowers it 1.25". I haven't measured after yet, but I did before. I'm just too tired to even take pics. I didn't use the included camber bolts. FR has you grind out the lower hole on the strut, I'm not doing that unless absolutely necessary. Got to have the alignment checked. Just eyeballing it, doesn't look like camber is an issue. If it is, I'll try the cam style, upper hole camber bolts first. The suspension stuff did not come with instructions. I used Tacobill's link in his spring install to get the specs.
The intake looks sweet, the embossed FR logo comes painted red and white. The fit was dead on, and it came with all the little stuff, like a plug for a big hole thats there for no reason and a stud and clip nut for the front mounting bracket (if you have ABS you just replace a bolt with the stud), an E.O. C.A.R.B sticker to put on the strut tower, and a 91 octane sticker (that I ruined, because it's too big to fit neatly on the inside of the fuel door. It came with it's own air tube that is bigger than the stocker, but necks down just before the throttle body. The only issue I had with the kit, it doesn't come with MAF sensor screws. The new intake has brass, fine threaded inserts, the stock MAF screws are coarse threaded self-tapping kind (on my at least). Good thing is the C&L screws worked perfectly.
Ok, I'm going to sleep now. Pics to follow.

Last edited by themac5150; 10-06-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default RE: FRPP all the way around....

now you need a FRPP badge somewhere on your car. its definitely appropriate in your case.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:45 PM
tac0
1st Gear Member

Where did you get the springs for $159? And I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be a 1.5"drop.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:56 PM
BM83
2nd Gear Member

I am really interested in seeing how the car looks with the suspension. My wife isn't sure if she wants it for hers or not. Also would like to know if the ride is any more rough than before. She likes her ride better than mine now. How does it run compared to stock?
thanks
Old 05-03-2008, 05:35 AM
themac5150
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tac0

Where did you get the springs for $159? And I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be a 1.5"drop.
I got'em here:
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...1&comp=LRS
But if you read the specs at Ford Racing Parts:
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=10016
It says 1.25".
Old 05-03-2008, 06:02 AM
themac5150
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

now you need a FRPP badge somewhere on your car. its definitely appropriate in your case.
I didn't know they made them. I was thinkingabout the "Racing" rocker stripes at graphics express. Hmm.. don't know.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:21 AM
tac0
1st Gear Member

If you click on the springs link on that page, it says 1.5".
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9965

edit: It says 1.5" on the latemodelrestoration link, too.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:45 AM
themac5150
3rd Gear Member

Here's the pics...

Old 05-03-2008, 10:02 AM
themac5150
3rd Gear Member

I just took measurements after, in the front, it dropped 5/16" max. In the rear, 3/4" max drop. I haven't driven it very far yet, so I'm sure the springs need to settle in, but it wasn't a dramatic effect so far.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:06 AM
themac5150
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tac0

If you click on the springs link on that page, it says 1.5".
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9965

edit: It says 1.5" on the latemodelrestoration link, too.
All I'm going by is FR's claim on the handling pack, 1.25". I've got all the components of the kit, so I was quoting that measurement. Not going to argue over a 1/4". So far, the drop hasn't been any where near either claim.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FRPP all the way around....