Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What do y'all do with your stock V6 mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 05:26 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Default What do y'all do with your stock V6 mufflers?

I've had mine sitting in my garage for nearly a year. I held onto it just in case the new muffler didn't work or in the rare event that I sold the car. I'm going to be moving to Southern California soon, and what I'm taking with me will all have to fit in the Mustang. I don't want to take that muffler with me. Do you guys sell them? (Who the heck would want it?) Do you recycle them? Do you give it to a steel company? Or do you just trash it? Obviously I want that hunk of metal to go to good use, as I'd feel a bit bad about putting it in the garbage can. Thanks.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:37 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What do y'all do with your stock V6 mufflers?

I tossed mine in the trash. There's no going back to stock for me now... I did hold onto my GT take-offs though... If I ever traded it in.. even for a GT.. I love the GTAs so much.. I would put the gt takeoffs on my car and keep the GTAs for the other car.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:45 PM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

Toss it on your local Craigs List. They will buy anything on there! Either get something like $20 for it or just as a freebie.

What brings you westward?
Old 05-04-2008, 08:49 PM
davesyo
2nd Gear Member

I actually sold mine at a flea market for 8 or 10 dollars ,I can't remember , but I thought I would never get rid of it.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:51 PM
JimC

I couldn't see any chance of selling it, even though there is some guy on ebay who keeps listing them periodically. So I just placed it out by the trash on the night before trash pickup - and by morning someone came by and picked it out of the trash - problem solved for me, I just hope that they don't bring it back some day (had that happen to a neighbor once, 2 weeks later the article that was "picked" from his trash showed up in his driveway).
Old 05-04-2008, 09:06 PM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

Mine is in the tool shed. Waiting for my next run to the dump.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:18 PM
ptkthekid
3rd Gear Member

Ummmm, I think there is a honda forum with a classified section on line somewhere. He he he. I know this a littleoff topic, but why socal? I might be moving there from Detroit soon because there ain't no freakin work here in Michigan. Whatever, I hope ypu keep posting, Hate to lose an active member.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:30 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

I made mine into a decorative flower pot. I filled it with dirt, and out of the tip, I have the prettiest daffodils you've ever seen growing out of it! The yellow petals contrast with the chrome tip just beautifully.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:07 AM
king07
1st Gear Member

Mine is still sitting in the shed. I was a little afraid the wife would complain about the AeroTurbine being too loud. Shes allways telling me to turn down the tv, stereo, what ever. Funny thing though she just talks louder in the car now. Ha Ha.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:03 AM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

the guys at my muffler shopped trashed my old one but anyways wat part of so cal u comin 2 and y u leavin all that AFFORDABLE housing in TX???

Quick Reply: What do y'all do with your stock V6 mufflers?