Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

No Burnout? WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Maverickaf17
3rd Gear Member

Default No Burnout? WTF?

Okay, so I have an 05' V6 with an X-Charger putting out 270 HP/TQ, 18" 18x9 265/35front and 18x10 285/35back, dual exhaust and custom tuned.

So, I'm going out on a limb here. The way I always figured to burnout (for an auto) was to put the car in drive, press on the brake really hard, then start to accelerate until the tires spin.

When that didn't obviously work, I would punch it, let the car only go a couple of feet, then press down on the brake really hard so that way the back tires get moving. But that didn't work either.

Instead, my car seems to move forward (slowly) at about 5-10 mph with the engine not going any higher than about 2500 rpms. Now......am I doing it wrong? Or are my tires too wide and have too much grip on the road? Does my car not have enough power? Or are the V6 front brakes too crappy to keep the front tires from moving?

Let me get some advice or suggestions on burning out, I'm free to criticism and I can admit that I don't know everything about driving or what not. Still a learner and thats cool with me. So, have at it.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Mustang_guy17
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: No Burnout? WTF?

Umm just floor it.. or get line lock.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

turn traction control off??
Old 05-04-2008, 08:36 PM
ptkthekid
3rd Gear Member

In the old days, (and I am what you would consider "old school") We used to call them "Brake torques". What you want to do is press the brake pedal just enough to stop the front wheels from rolling, but not enough to stop the rear wheels from spinning. It is a fine balance and does take some practice. But don't feel bad, in the old days, the cars had front disk brakes but rear drum brakes. This made it a whole lot easier to "brake torque" a car. Now a days with these new fangled motor cars you have disk brakes all around. This makes them much harder to "Torque up".But with that "X" under the hood(you lucky fraggin ragger fizzle flabber) you should have plenty of Torque to pull it off. Just remember you dont want to press the brake hard enough to stop the rear wheels too!! Then if your real lucky, you can part with a bunch of cash to replace those fatties on the rear end. Alright, end of story time, now off ro bed!!...LOL.. sorry, sometimes I can't help myself He he he
Old 05-04-2008, 08:38 PM
ptkthekid
3rd Gear Member

OH YEAH, MAKE SURE THE TRACTION CONTROLL IS OFF!!!!! That will kill it for sure. I hate that damn thing.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Maverickaf17
3rd Gear Member

I don't have traction control....

So what now?
Old 05-04-2008, 08:59 PM
07BeastGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Maverickaf17

So what now?
Get a V8
Old 05-04-2008, 09:01 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Retard. His little 6 could take your GT.

ORIGINAL: 07BeastGT

So what now?
Get a V8
Old 05-04-2008, 09:05 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

I don't know why you are having problems. I have no problems with my non-supercharged 6 and I have a t-loc.

Just hold down the brake and rev to about 1800 rpm... the floor it and release the brake.. When I do that my tires spin enough to make the rear swing sideways.

If you increase your rpms a little.. you should get more of a burnout.

So what now?
Old 05-04-2008, 09:09 PM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

I don't know why you are having problems. I have no problems with my non-supercharged 6 and I have a t-loc.

Just hold down the brake and rev to about 1800 rpm... the floor it and release the brake.. When I do that my tires spin enough to make the rear swing sideways.

If you increase your rpms a little.. you should get more of a burnout.

So what now?
I tried that but my car still rolls. My brakes need to be replaced im pretty sure. Once i get up to about 90 then try to slow down I can feel the brakes kind of grinding i guess? I dont really know how to describe it. I think I'm gonna look into a set of gt takeoff brakes. And I don't have t-lok but i'm planning on getting it soon. Then I'll be able to roast some rubber!

Quick Reply: No Burnout? WTF?