MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   Anyone put different headlights in there Stang?? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/443573-anyone-put-different-headlights-in-there-stang.html)

DRWS10 05-10-2008 04:24 PM

Anyone put different headlights in there Stang??

I am thinking of putting some Blue Xenon Headlights on the Stang but I am unsure about it. Has anyone done this? If so which ones and where did you get them from?

Thanks

jwilhelm 05-10-2008 04:35 PM

RE: Anyone put different headlights in there Stang??

I put these kind of replacement bulbs in my car when I first got it. Ran into two major problems: 1) you can't see very good with damn things, the bluish-white light is so piss poor at night you'll be cussing every minute you're driving with them, and 2) the driver's side bulb tends to burn out on a very regular basis. These bulbs are way over priced to have to replace them every two weeks or so. They have a very fine filament in them, and with the Mustang's irregular votage in the headlight system, the driver's side voltage tends to be stronger than the passenger's side, so pop goes the bulb. You can try them if you want, but most likely one of the two mentioned demons will get to you sooner than later. I ended up going with a basic better stock bulb and I'm very happy with these. Good luck, Jack.

ricekiller06 05-11-2008 01:07 AM

why dont you just go for soem HIDs that is what i am going to do one of these days

they look hella badass

07lane40 05-11-2008 09:10 AM

i just ordered dual LED projector headlights and black turnsignals today... should be in by thursday... ill post some pics up when i get them in...

DRWS10 05-11-2008 12:54 PM

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the help!!![/align]Ricekiller, love the name by the way!!! Where could I get some nice HID's????[/align]07lane please post some pics whenever u get them in the stang[/align][/align]Anyone else have suggestions or history ????[/align]

vtmustangs 05-12-2008 12:01 AM

I don't have them but I know a bunch of people on here that have HIDs have gotten them from stangmods.com

xyster 05-12-2008 03:56 AM

HID'S!!! They come in kits now that are pretty easy to install and aren't the most expensive things in the world to get. There are different temps you can get too (colors). They are brighters, illuminate more of the road in a wider direction and just look sharper.

So_Cali 05-12-2008 04:25 AM

If you're looking for a quick fix, get some Luminics bulbs, they arent the brightest out there but, the look pretty good ifwhat you're looking for isappearance. Definnetly something to look into is HIDs they look awesome, a bit pricey but, its defintley worth every penny because they last tons longer than Halogen bulbs and offer much better lighting than any bulbs you can find on the market. Stangmods does offer some of the best but, you could chance it and get some off eBay. There are a few on here with eBay kits and have great things to say about them so...Yea LOL:D

Goodluck!

DRWS10 05-12-2008 10:14 PM

I do agree with everyone that HID is deff the way to go but unfort I am broke right now and I am really just looking for an appearance upgrade that will be semi cheap. I just graduated college so the loans are hitting me right now and I have no job! [/align]I have been looking at stangmods.com and what do you think is the best bang for my buck on this page http://www.stangmods.com/2005-Mustan...ulbs-s/154.htm[/align][/align]I have the GT fog lights on my car so I would like to replace both my headlights and foglights, which I dont know what other people think but I think I would like them to be the same color n kind, anyone done diff colors for headlights and fogs??[/align][/align]Thanks guys[/align]

wildboi013 05-12-2008 10:56 PM

I belive they have a kit on there for fogs and headlights for one price... also on ebayI have seen dual kits