Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:46 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior
Print Wikipost

I GIVE THE !%$@ UP!

Old 05-12-2008, 09:38 PM
jakecat22
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I GIVE THE !%$@ UP!

ORIGINAL: 68XR7

Did you have any codes before you did your exhaust work?
No codes before my exhaust work. And it doesn't matter if the light is on here or not, no emissions check where I live, just paid alot of money for the car and want it to work correctly[8D]
Old 05-12-2008, 09:44 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

do you have cats? bc 0153 is O2 sensor slow response bank 2 sensor 1. and 0300 is random misfire, possibly from O2's or cats. an easy fix would be to replace the O2's, but that didnt work. i wonder if they checked the old ones if they work? could also be exhaust leak. i'm no mechanic, but if you noticed it after you put in the duals, its probly coming from your exhaust. maybe try a different shop to see what's wrong.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:02 PM
jakecat22
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: onederful100

do you have cats? bc 0153 is O2 sensor slow response bank 2 sensor 1. and 0300 is random misfire, possibly from O2's or cats. an easy fix would be to replace the O2's, but that didnt work. i wonder if they checked the old ones if they work? could also be exhaust leak. i'm no mechanic, but if you noticed it after you put in the duals, its probly coming from your exhaust. maybe try a different shop to see what's wrong.
Yes, I still have my cats. The x-pipe was put on after the cats. I know these codes like the back of my hand now, 0153 came on, they changed the O2 sensor, then 0153 and 0300 came on and they changed the O2 sensor and EGR valve. There is no exhaust leak, it has been checked by me, my local custom exhaust shop, and the dealership. Today when it was in the shop, they said ford sent them a bad O2 sensor, so they replace it, and 2 hours later the code came up again.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:57 PM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jakecat22

ORIGINAL: svastano

Has it been raining in your area when this happens? Could this be the water leak problem that has surfaced in throwing false codes????
Never even thought of that, so I ran out when I read your post to check my floor boards, cause it rained like crazy saturday and sunday. How can I tell if I have a leak? My carpet is wet!!!!!! Passenger side, under the seat, and just in front to the right by the door panel has some moisture in the carpet! Where would the water leak in from and could this be causing my problem? Thanks svastano!!!!!!!!!!!
Check out this thread....

https://mustangforums.com/m_2076816/tm.htm
Old 05-13-2008, 05:13 AM
bigdaddy0987
1st Gear Member

i will say that i had the same problem and the dealership told me that the water was getting in through the cabin air filter portal. ford has an extremely poor design for them. my05 taurus and my 03 sable both have been to theshop umpteen times to have this fixed but it is only a temporary fix after a good hard rain the floorboards are always wet.

www.carsponsors.com/IBVIP
Old 05-13-2008, 12:52 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jakecat22

ORIGINAL: svastano

Has it been raining in your area when this happens? Could this be the water leak problem that has surfaced in throwing false codes????
Never even thought of that, so I ran out when I read your post to check my floor boards, cause it rained like crazy saturday and sunday. How can I tell if I have a leak? My carpet is wet!!!!!! Passenger side, under the seat, and just in front to the right by the door panel has some moisture in the carpet! Where would the water leak in from and could this be causing my problem? Thanks svastano!!!!!!!!!!!
If you are having problems with the dreaded leak, then that could very well be the answer to your code problems.
Check out the TSB on this and let Ford know.
There has been numerous threads about this.
Good Luck jakecat22!
Old 05-13-2008, 12:53 PM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

i kept getting weird codes when my stock air box wasnt closed all the way. check all the clips on the air box, just in case.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:29 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

I hate it when this crap happens and the dealersip can't even figure it out. I originally had an 05 V6 auto and had electrical/fuel issues like crazy within a few months of owning it. Took it back four times to the dealer and nothing could be done to correct the issues. I expressed my frustration to the dealership's GM and they offered me an 06 V6 straight up. I decided to upgrade to a GT and the rest is history. Good luck with the repairs!!
Old 05-13-2008, 07:18 PM
BM83
2nd Gear Member

You should get that water leak looked at. I just got mine back for the second time. Mine puddles up in the rear floor board. The dealer had it over a week both times. I find out later this week if it was fixed after it rains again.

I had the tire pressure monitor fault showing and the door ajar light showing. Also the interior light was staying on and the door chime was going off. I was driving home with all this crap going on and was getting seriously pi$$ed.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:03 AM
jakecat22
2nd Gear Member

Well, just an update, dropped the car off at the dealership again this morning. Told them about the leak. They called like an hour later, stated they found the leak, it fried the electrical box in the kick panel. They ordered a new box and are pulling out the windshield and firewall to seal everything back up properly. They are going to pull the carpet out and replace it(that I did not expect). He said after they replace those, they are going to drive it a few days to see if the light comes back on. They don't want to give it back till they know it is fixed. Hopefully this will fix it.

I must say, I am very impressed with my dealership, they have gone out of the way for me. The service manager must have apologized 10 times in the short 5 minutes my wife and I were there dropping off the car. I made an appointment to bring my wife's 07 fusion in next week for the 10k service while I was there, he handed me his card, said see him when we bring it in, the service is on the house. Again, I am very satisified they are doing everything they can to fix it.

And for the bonus? No ford focus for a loaner this time, they gave us a totally decked out Mazda 6, really nice car, not a stang, but nice nonetheless.

I will keep ya'll updated, and thanks for the responses!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I GIVE THE !%$@ UP!