Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New Member, New Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 02:22 PM
Spags

Default New Member, New Mustang

Hey All,

I have been lurking for a little, and just registered. My Wife and I bought a Mustang yesterday, and we pick it up tomorrow AM. She is REALLY stoked. I am pretty excited too! It will be mostly her car, so the V6 was fine. She was more concerned with the convertible, and the fact that we found one. Of course we had to pay full MSRP! That pissed me off, I am an X Plan member, so should get Ford vehicles at invoice price. But they wouldn't honor it on a Convertible, or a GT (if they had any).

We got the Performance White V6 Premium with Parchment Interior and ragtop with every option but the Shaker 1000 I think.
I really like the stock aluminum wheels with spinners (I cant believe I like stock wheels)!

I have some ideas of what I would like to do with it. Nothing crazy as for engine mods, as we just don't need "that much" performance. But I plan on doing something to the exhaust.
I would like to add a GT grill, I like the center fog lights.
Also planning some racing stripes. It has the side "Mustang" stripe in Gold right now, so probably would want to do gold stripes.

Any other ideas/suggestions? I would like to tweak a little more power out of it, and want a nice exhaust tone.
I have a Grand Prix GTP (Supercharged 3.8 V6) so I know V6s CAN be decent. I have always been more of a V8 guy, and this is probably my 20th Mustang or so over the years. But I was into the older ones. Haven't owned a newer one than a 72!

Thanks!
Old 04-24-2005, 07:29 PM
ohioponycar

Default RE: New Member, New Mustang

Congratulations on your new car. I bought a black hardtop/fastback a little over a month ago, V6, parchment leather interior. My dealeship added a few options that really made the car look great. I also like the stock wheels. We also have gold "MUSTANG" stripes down the sides.

Sequential tail lights, a neat option, they look great and catch they eye.

I don't believe you can substitute the GT grill with fog lamps for the V6 grill, I believe the mounting is a bit different. My dealer did install grill mounted fog lamps that not only work as fog lamps, change to six different colors.

I don't know how your dash and center console look, the black plastic stock look didn't turn my wife or me on, however we do have a kit from California Mustang, nickel plated dash, which goes over the top of the stock dash and center console that really add to the look of the interior. The only thing we don't have covered yet is the shifter, CA Mustang tells me they are working on this.

Our final mod is a carbon fiber and leather steering wheel.

You can see pics of our car in the pictures section under "ohioponycar", several exterior pics plus one interior. Oh, we also have a hood scoop.

The last customization thing I recommend is, of course, personalized plates. Last we receved PONY C4R (CAR was taken).

Good luck and have fun!

Old 03-28-2007, 02:00 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

welcome to the forums

hope your enjoying your new baby
Old 03-28-2007, 10:20 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Spags

Hey All,

I have been lurking for a little, and just registered. My Wife and I bought a Mustang yesterday, and we pick it up tomorrow AM. She is REALLY stoked. I am pretty excited too! It will be mostly her car, so the V6 was fine. She was more concerned with the convertible, and the fact that we found one. Of course we had to pay full MSRP! That pissed me off, I am an X Plan member, so should get Ford vehicles at invoice price. But they wouldn't honor it on a Convertible, or a GT (if they had any).

We got the Performance White V6 Premium with Parchment Interior and ragtop with every option but the Shaker 1000 I think.
I really like the stock aluminum wheels with spinners (I cant believe I like stock wheels)!

I have some ideas of what I would like to do with it. Nothing crazy as for engine mods, as we just don't need "that much" performance. But I plan on doing something to the exhaust.
I would like to add a GT grill, I like the center fog lights.
Also planning some racing stripes. It has the side "Mustang" stripe in Gold right now, so probably would want to do gold stripes.

Any other ideas/suggestions? I would like to tweak a little more power out of it, and want a nice exhaust tone.
Congratulations! Nice choice!

You'll definitely like your V6.

First mod I'd recommend is a Ford Racing T-LOC axle.

Changes the stock "one leg" to limited slip.

Looks like someonehad lots of fun with one!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/62156/3A949574126A467BB0D3AB6729ECECBF.jpg[/IMG]

Next week I'm putting in my full dual exhaust and GT rear bumper.

PSYCHED!

I know how cool the spinners are, I got a set 2 weeks ago from my salesman! Traded the stock caps for spinners!!

Enjoy your pony!

SOHC
Old 03-28-2007, 10:31 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

Congratulations on the new convertible and welcome to the forums! Sounds like you're on the right track, as far as visual mods.

Mine is white also, with parchment interior. I had the gold Mustang stripe also, but removed it. It's easy to take off if you do want racing stripes in another color. Do you have leather or cloth? I have cloth, and I gotta tell you, the parchment stains easily, so be careful.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:58 PM
06 Pony
1st Gear Member

B & M just came out with an automatic shifter that is great, I just installed it in my car last week. Now there is no missed shifts.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:35 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06 Pony

B & M just came out with an automatic shifter that is great, I just installed it in my car last week. Now there is no missed shifts.
Link?

Thanks
SOHC
Old 03-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Trinity
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohioponycar
Sequential tail lights, a neat option, they look great and catch they eye.
Ever notice that folks are watching the sequentials so much they forget to BRAKE!! I've had some close calls since I installed mine! LOL!
Old 03-29-2007, 05:12 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

[hr]
lol this thread is OLD
Old 03-29-2007, 09:29 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s2k

[hr]